SONY OR PANASONIC ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi There

Just wondering if someone can offer a bit of advice on which to chose.

I am looking to either buy a Sony package consisting of KDL-32D3000 32in tv with RDR-HXD 870 DVD Recorder.

Or the Panasonic package consisting of TX32LXD700 32in tv, and the DMR-EX77 DVD Recorder.

Local dealers(Sony, Panasonic.) are currently offering 5 year warranties on said packages, could somebody please offer me some advice on which they consider to be the better, or is it to close to call.

Many thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We haven't had the new Sony TV in for review yet - we're expecting one, but it hasn't arrived yet. But we've heard good things about the 32D3000, and a brief look suggests it's very good indeed, so I'd put that one down as too close to call.

I reckon some tough bargaining is called for, and then buy the combo on which you can get the best deal.

A

Anonymous

Hi again,

Thankyou for speedy replies. !

I Think i am going to have to wait a bit longer to make a decision. I have scanned the review for TX32LXD700 In the august edition but want to wait to hear about the Sony KDL-32D3000.

Thankyou Clare, will wait for the supertest edition later in august.

Many Thanks Again

A

Anonymous

I'm in a similar postion too!

There is also the new Philips 32PFL9632D, which also looks good and replaces the award winning Philips 32PF9731D.

So am currently trying to decide between the Panasonic TX-32LXD700, Sony KDL-32D3000 and Philips 32PFL9632D! Choices, choices, choices!

I want to buy the one that performs best with standard def, and it's going to replace my old (and now broken!) Philips 32PW9509 CRT (which was probably one of the best CRTs ever made!), so it's gonna be a tall order!

Looking forward to the 32" shootout!

A

Anonymous

Hadn't thought of the philips to be honest.

I am also replacing my old CRT sony which i've had since the year dot, for that reason i've been a big fan of sony and haven't really looked beyond them. Until now. !!!!!!!.

Looks like some top quality models coming out from the big guns, like you say choices, choices, choices.

I am definitly going to hang on until the SHOOTOUT !!.

A

Anonymous

Would you consider Plasma over LCD and do you have room for a 37 inch set? If so then I would highly recommend the Panasonic 37PX70 plasma, it excells with SD and HD content and can be had for less than the 32" LCDs you are looking at (with a bit of shopping around).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts