Question Which Small Soundbar to buy?

Stu1970

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi to everybody, I would appreciate everyone’s opinion or recommendations.
I am looking for a small Soundbar for our Bedroom 4K TV (Panasonic 46” HW944).
It will be mainly used for listening to TV programmes & Netflix/Prime shows via HDMI (ARC). It must also play Music via BT and connect with my Sony Blu ray/DVD player (UBP-X700).
Space is limited and I can’t fit anything larger than 90cm in length and no cost more than 300 GBP. I’m thinking about the Sony HT-X8500 or Bose TV Speaker? Do you have any experience with them or alternatives? Every help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks Stuart

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi to everybody, I would appreciate everyone’s opinion or recommendations.
I am looking for a small Soundbar for our Bedroom 4K TV (Panasonic 46” HW944).
It will be mainly used for listening to TV programmes & Netflix/Prime shows via HDMI (ARC). It must also play Music via BT and connect with my Sony Blu ray/DVD player (UBP-X700).
Space is limited and I can’t fit anything larger than 90cm in length and no cost more than 300 GBP. I’m thinking about the Sony HT-X8500 or Bose TV Speaker? Do you have any experience with them or alternatives? Every help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks Stuart
When you say ‘must play music via Bluetooth’ what do you mean exactly. Are you intending to send music from your phone or laptop to the soundbar? If so, what phone?

If for instance it is an iPhone, then yes the Sonos soundbar does airplay and you can just choose the soundbar as an output device from the phone
I believe you can cast in a similar way from android devices, but I have never done this myself

jjbomber

When you say ‘must play music via Bluetooth’ what do you mean exactly. Are you intending to send music from your phone or laptop to the soundbar? If so, what phone?

If for instance it is an iPhone, then yes the Sonos soundbar does airplay and you can just choose the soundbar as an output device from the phone
I believe you can cast in a similar way from android devices, but I have never done this myself
Er, he didn't mention iphone, airplay nor Sonos. He asked about Bluetooth, Sony and Bose. Al Ears will be along with his big 'Off Topic' stick in a minute!

Stu1970

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I’ve just got a new iPhone so the Airplay feature would be the same as BT, but jjbomber was absolutely correct to say I did say BT and not Airplay as I have another music device and headphones which require BT.
Is there anyone who has already bought the Sony or Bose soundbar’s, if so what are your experiences???
Would love to test myself but I’m stuck inside due to COVID lockdown in my area.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Apologies, wasn’t my intention to go off topic. I was just asking for more details as to exactly what was being sent from what kind of device, and using the airplay example as another Avenue rather than using BT.

can’t help with the specific equipment being asked about so I will shut up now 😀

Stu1970

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Apologies, wasn’t my intention to go off topic. I was just asking for more details as to exactly what was being sent from what kind of device, and using the airplay example as another Avenue rather than using BT.

can’t help with the specific equipment being asked about so I will shut up now 😀
No problems all is good. Thanks for responding 🤟🏻👍🏻

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts