sony nwz-638f

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just bought this portable media and want to know if the supplied headphones are better than the cx 300's or should i upgrade to a higher level?

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi glenfc63,

I only just spotted your post - I have owned the CX300s in the past but was never very keen on the "j" cord style cable so I replaced them with the CX55 which are very similar sounding, if I correctly recall from memory.

I've just done a quick comparison using my S Series - The supplied phones aren't that bad really for what they are - they lack the detail, soundstage and general clarity of the CX55 but posses a surprisingly warm lower end and punchier bass that the Sennheisers, also I'd say that the Sonys could be a bit brighter up top with some added sibilance.

But really I'd say that they aren't anything special, to my ears the CX55 (or CX300s) are the better 'phones.

On the subject of better phones - the S Series is a great fun sounding machine, but I find the midrange to be a bit on the harsh side for my tastes. I've tried it with Sennheiser IE8s and Shure SE530s as well as the CX55 and because the first two 'phones are very detailed they do reveal this. I find that for me the CX55s provide a good balance - they aren't too revealing but they are detailed enough and have a pretty good soundstage.

So I would recommend staying away from very transparent or mid-centric earphones, esp the above mentioned - but of course that is just my own personal preference.

Hope this is some help to you.

e

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts