Sony WH-1000XM6: 5 things we want from Sony's next wireless ANC headphones

swimminggamer

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
The Award-winning XM5 wireless headphones are unbelievable all-rounders. So how could the next model be made better?

Sony WH-1000XM6: 5 things we want from Sony's next wireless ANC headphones : Read more
How about getting some more basic functions right.

1) Better water proofing. At the price point the warning card not to sweat on them or they might break is laughable. Hope you have air conditioning and don't plan on going out in the rain.
2) Better Bluetooth connectivity especially for connection to PCs. The current model only has one Bluetooth antenna on the left ear and Sony's help documentation warns that it might not work if there is a human body or other materials between the antenna and the Bluetooth device, so if your computer is on the right side of you and under your desk it won't work.
3) Better inclusive design and more flexible. The top bar presses into your head and after a while it can get pretty uncomfortable. You can't move the position other than it being on the top of your head. Don't even think about using them with a helmet. If culturally you are wearing any headdress like a pagri Sony's engineers are not considering you. I imagine certain haircuts might also struggle.
4) PS5 integration. I can live with having to use the minijack cable to connect the headphones to my controller but if I do the mic doesn't work. All those mics and none of them can be used for voice during gaming. Two premium Sony products that don't work together.
5) Charging - Options for additional battery and charging in case. I'm carrying around that big thing already. It would be cool if when I'm not using my headphones and I put them back in the case to have the case rapid charge them instead of having to carry another battery. Level it up and give me wireless in case charging for the case battery and for the headphones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts