Sony KDL40W4500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

have just purchased a KDL40W4500 from Comet, I have a white/grey clouding problem in patches in corners and edges of the screen, plus i'm getting a juttering/ghosting effect (specially in sd), i have Sky HD and PS3 plugged in via HDMI and Tacima main conditioner, have tried different HDMI leads (QED/Sony/Standard sky), not a problem with the leads.

I have noticed Comets versions are all black and everywhere else they seem to have a silver strip on them, anyone know why?

A

Anonymous

I did think that, but def a W4500 has it written in the transparent bar.

A

Anonymous

Success, Comet have exchanged the faulty unit, no hassle. Gentleman at the desk said this will be looked into after showing him some of the forum comments.

New set is awsome no cloud whatsoever, this is the set what hifi are raving about worth every one of the 5 stars....

If you experience the sort of problems I have...take it back....it's faulty, demand for this set is a strain on quality control at Sony? or stacked wrong? who knows your set should impress you!!!!

A

Anonymous

It's well for you. I bought a KDL-40W4500 last week in the Sony Centre and witnessed the cloudiness at the four corners of the display. I brought it back and they had a look at it (while i was in the store) but because the store was well lit relative to my room the effect was not as pronounced. They replaced the set (reluctantly) and i took it home with the same results (i cannot believe this is happening to me). Also, there is a subtle flicker on the screen (same also on previous set) which irritates my eyes and makes them tired (epilepsy test feature?). This symptom occurs on the pc input (vga) most noticeable on bright backgrounds (especially white). I can't believe WhatHiFi (and others) awarded this piece of rubbish five stars and '40" TV Of The Year' seeing that so many people are having trouble with Sony LCD Televisions. How does WhatHiFi 'stumble' across these great Sony Televisions ? I'm beginning to think that products are screened before they make it to WhatHiFi and other home cinema mags for review.

EDIT: Got a refund no quibs so i'm relative happy (it's a shame about the set though - i really wanted one)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
There is another lengthy thread on this issue, we hardly need another one. Whilst I do feel sorry for anybody experiencing problems I really do wonder why you are so insistent on the sets and go through exceptional lengths ie. changing the sets once sometimes more times just to be faced with the same problems when it is plain obvious that this is just a characteristic of that product to a greater or lesser extend! It's been documented in other magazines and on forums for the last few years.

Get one of the new LED backlight Samsungs or a plasma and you won't have the same problems though no technology or brand is perfect.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts