Sony KDL-52W4500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Rorschack for your reply really appreciate. Your point regarding clouds etc seems to be associated with this model as I have read other comments from people in the forum. What puzzles me however is the fact that in 'What Hi-Fi' of this month pp 106 reference is made to Sony KDL-40W4500 and the following wording is written - ' Sony's internal wizardry certainly has a profound effect. The 40W4500 serves up one of the finest Full HD, LCD picture's we've ever seen, and it's difficult not to go dizzy with excitement' Rated ***** - cannot understand. I would assume that if clouding etc was a problem What Hi-Fi would have noticed and brought to the attention of everybody. Confused.

What do you think. Would love to hear your comments.

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
What Hi Fi have regarded this as a problem and have made adjustments to the magazine/website etc. If your buying a set from sony, be aware and ready for what you could end up with.

Thanks, Rorschach.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Joe, the clouding issue on Sony TVs has been covered to death here on the website, and it's mentioned in the March issue TV Supertest (out next week) as well.

All I can say (again), as Clare and Andrew have already said on many occasions, is that we've never experienced clouding on the KDL-40W4500 on the units we've tested, or the ones bought by various family members and friends.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts