New (old) TV

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Afternoon Everybody!

Hope you all dont mind me asking for advice on old TV's

I currently have a Sony KDL 40 W2000 i think, I have had it since the around the time it won product of the year in this very magazine. I have and still do love the picture quality its just too small now for me, I want a larger screen for movies 55 inches to be exact.

My plan was to get a second hand Sony HX 953 but I believe the were never released in England.

I am a fan of sony TV's from around this era, the monolothic design with gorilla glass screens, the picture quality of the screens they made with samsung. This for me would be a hugely satisfying upgrade. I have a budget of upto around £500 for comparison i just lost out on a HX 853 which went for £270.00 as my heart wasnt fully in it, as i felt under informed to make a decision to go for it.

I want 55 inches from the top of the range , full array backlighting and local dimming and good picture quality. Not bothered really about smart, and all these 2011 - 2014ish tv's will be 3d anyway which i will have a dabble with if i can depending on what i get.

On my radar are the sony HX 7,8 and 923's the HX 7 and 853's and the newer sony KDL 55w829, 905a and 955b with the newer tv's i dont think any of the are full array although they do have local dimming, am i missing anything over full array?

Out of these which in your opinion should i go for and why?

Any alternative manufacturers i am over looking that fit the bill and why, oh i think i want LCD over plasma, i have never had a plasma so feel free to educate me if you think they should be considered taking into account my requirements and wishes.

Again sorry for asking for advise on older gear like this. i have basically forgotten what i knew at the time these tv's were new.

All comments are much appreciated thank you

Kev.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I will be buying a second hand TV, not looking for a new TV or 4k, oled etc etc. I just want a bigger set to tide me over until I do want to buy a new TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts