Sony KDL-40EX713

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have read the review on this set and note that you think it is fine, except for variations in the backlighting.

I have to say that I purchased this set from my local Sony Centre last week, upgrading from a KDL-32D3000 and taking advantage of the current 'VAT back' offer. I can find no problem with the backlighting. On my set it it very even all over and displays no bleeding in the corners, as stated in your review.

However, I was a little concerned that I needed to update the firmware, on a brand new set set! particularly as the date of manufacture on the set is 20-09-10, not exactly old!

My only niggle is the 'beep' that sounds every time you press a button and despite of the firmware update, I can find no means of switching it off.

Other than that, I am quite happy with the set and recommend it.

Best regards to all.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I've turned the beep on my 40EX710 off.

There is a setting which I cannot recall now.

Something like settings > audio > then ??? can't remember this part.

Manufacturers may provide firmware upgrade periodically.

My 40EX710 had a new firmware date 1st Oct 2010 for example at Sony website.

If your set is connect to internet all the time, the firmware update is automatically.

My Samsung 40C7000 had new firmware updates release by Samsumg every month on the other hand.

Hope it will improve the 3D performance as I have not updated yet.

A

Anonymous

'KEY TONE' facility in the sound menu not listed on this set.

A

Anonymous

Having looked at the set again, I have to confess the the 'Key Tone' facility is there, but not in the Sound menu that I was originally looking at. I suppose it's something to do with age! Anyway, all OK now, peace reigns when using the buttons.

Now another problem I need help on with this set.

How can I run video files via the USB socket. I have tried to run AVI files via a SD card plugged in the USB socket with a cardreader. The file appears in the video menu but the set reports 'This file cannot be played'

Am I using the wrong file format? If so which formats are acceptable to the set and is there any free software available to convert the files?

Why am I using the USB socket? because my little compact camera (which takes video as well as photos) does not have a HDMI output.Currently I simply transfer the SD card from the camera to the card reader. Incidently JPEG photos work fine.

Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts