Sony Bravia KDL-46HX803 Picture

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Does any one who has one of these TV's notice that if you sit directly in front of it that the picture has brilliant colour but if you shift your seating position to the left or right the colour starts to looked washed out and gets worse the more you move.

also when watching in cinema mode the picture is good but looks more real in general mode with the vivid setting but in this mode there seems to be a lot of ghosting when the scenes pans about but not on fast moving action.

any advice please.

Thanks

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
MrBodidly:
Hi All,

Does any one who has one of these TV's notice that if you sit directly in front of it that the picture has brilliant colour but if you shift your seating position to the left or right the colour starts to looked washed out and gets worse the more you move.

also when watching in cinema mode the picture is good but looks more real in general mode with the vivid setting but in this mode there seems to be a lot of ghosting when the scenes pans about but not on fast moving action.

any advice please.

Thanks

One of the known features (read drawbacks) of LCD displays is that off axis they will look a little washed out due to the nature of the LCD panel, in most case this is not too severe for the first 10-30 degrees of axis after that it can be quite poor

As for your picture settings, you will need to spend some considerable time with the Picture Menu to get it as you want, best not to use the Vivid and Cinema settings, go into Custom and set it up as you want, be sparing with picture processing as they can give some nasty edge definition

Our 52W5500 took some considerable to get set up accurately for colour rendition, brightness and contrast, and backlight levels.

Worth spending the time though as the results (on ours at least) are quite brilliant!

JulesBadass

Nov 9, 2007
Visit site
I'll second that about spending time in the display setup and avoiding Cinema, Film or Vivid. I was very disappointed with my KDL-32EX403 - it took some work to get it looking nice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts