New Sony KD-498305C Bit of a Curates egg

simbo188

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I must start by saying that I think the T.V looks great off or on its got great looks and styled well the picture needs a few tweaks but on the whole the picture is sharp with good movement no ghosting on sports and from the limited 4K pictures I have put through the set well wow they are pin sharp with lots of detail so you might ask why the down beat title well let me start I have apple phones and ipads so I love ios operating system the tv starts to fall down when you use the smart functionalty I personally find the user interface slow and clunky come on android is this all you have to offer also it crashes when moving around menus and my biggest gripe after spending the money on this set at the moment it doesnt support 5:1 surround sound when watching either netflix or amazon prime I have a choice of watching through my ps4 with surround sound but only hd pics or watch through tv with great 4k but just stereo having spend a good 45 mins on line with netflix helpline I have found out they are now working with sony on a firmware update to solve this surely sony should have resolved this before the last update which incidently took 45 mins to download all in all like my title suggests a potentially great set mared by a clunky operating system and what seems to be half baked apps

thebluecafe

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I purchased this tv 2 weeks ago. Very happy with it but I've noticed black/gray thin thread lines across the whole screen.

Did a reset and still the same. Rang Sony and am awaiting a fix. Ever hear of this?

simbo188

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry to say that after numerous emails to sony in which I got no joy at all I went back to the shop they sent an engineer round who agreed with me that the set wasnt what it should be and we reached agreement and I am now the proud owner of a Samsung 48 Ju7000 4k tv its all that the sony isnt with a fantastic picture and working apps wish I had of got this T.V first time round

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
simbo188 said:
I am sorry to say that after numerous emails to sony in which I got no joy at all I went back to the shop they sent an engineer round who agreed with me that the set wasnt what it should be and we reached agreement and I am now the proud owner of a Samsung 48 Ju7000 4k tv its all that the sony isnt with a fantastic picture and working apps wish I had of got this T.V first time round

I'm thinking of maybe getting a flat Samsung JU7000 (but a bigger size) after Christmas, so I'm keen to read a positive experience of the range. How does it perform with upscaling Standard Definition and High Definition material, not only with native 4K material?

By the way, I'm a bit curious about the model number of the Sony television that you quoted. You said "KD-498305C" I think that maybe a letter or something is missing?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I saw a friends 48JU7000 at the weekend. Had some 4K content from Youtube and also watched soem scenes from Dark Knight and Tron. The TV looked really nice, picture was crisp, detailed, bright. We watched it with the light on and when I compared the same scenes on my GT50 in the dark each impressed a different way. It's certainly a worthwhile purchase. Had sky on and both SD and HD were good quality. Certainly not unwatchable. Lip Sync issue though on Sky, think we ended up tweaking the amp to plus 120ms. Not sure if the sky box had already been tweaked as well. Certainly gave me food for thought!!

TRENDING THREADS