Sony BDV-E300 , connection suggestions anyone !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought the Sony BDV-E300 "all in one" home cinema system , problem being my Sony KDL-40W2000 LCD doesn't seem to have the required connections ! ( no optical input or video cord ??? ). I also need to connect a skyHD box and a PS3 ! any suggestions to get the best out of my set - up would be greatly received .

Devlin1980

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Your TV should have 2 HDMI inputs, connect you E300 to the TV via one of these. This should leave you with 1 HDMI input. spare You can connect your sky box to your tv with component leads and the PS3 via the HDMI connection. Or buy a HDMI switch so everything can be connected via HDMI. Coaxiel lead should go from SKY box to E300 and Optical from PS3.

Hope this makes sense!

A

Anonymous

thanks a lot , I will give it a go and post the results when I'm done .... cheers !

A

Anonymous

Your suggestion worked a treat Devlin1980 , cheers and a happy new year to you and yours !

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have just bought the BDV-E300. Im very happy with it, but I want to connect my Playstation via optical to get 5.1 surround. When I contacted Sony they said the optical on the E300 was a dedicated Tv socket, and wouldn't accept an optical from my PS3. I have tried it and it does accept it, but does anyone know if it can cause any problems by doing this ? Surely optical is optical, there shouldn't be any problems.

Sony weren't very helpful. I previously owned a Sony DAV-SA30 surround and the cables were long enough, but these were too short. All Sony could say was if I extend the cables it could invaladate my warranty!!!

TRENDING THREADS