Sony BDP-S790 wow!

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I decided to upgrade my Panasonic BD210 to the latest Sony S790, and I am truly blown away as to how good this player is. The picture is absolutely crystal clear, it may just be a placebo effect, but the picture just looks that bit sharper, and more detailed and vibrant. It has played every file I have thrown at it via dlna, and played without a hitch. The app to control it with your phone is superb, for example, when searching youtube, it brings up the text box on your phone, and results appear on tv instantly. The only one minor downside I have found, is it is quite noisy spinning 3d blu rays, which isnt something I do often anyway. I would highly recommend this player to anyone who has there eye on it. Well done Sony.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback. My other player of choice (in this price bracket) would be the Panasonic BDT500. Did you by chance compare the two?

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi mate, that was exactly the two players I was choosing between, both getting similar reviews online. I didnt get to compare them side by side. I havnt had good experiences with Panasonics in the past, dlna quality hasnt been great on any player I have had previously, but I have no idea what the new Panasonics are like. The Sony is the first player that I am entirely happy with, and dont feel that I will need to change it for a good while. It is so user friendly, everything just feels so easy to use, its really fast because of the dual core processor, the menu system is a breeze to use, sound and picture quality is fantastic, a worthy purchase, and cheaper than the Panasonic. :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Looks good, but I'm struggling to find any deals on it. Best I've found is £194.99 delivered.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Looks good, but I'm struggling to find any deals on it. Best I've found is £194.99 delivered.

Used this shop twice before and they are really good!

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=114_44&products_id=4493

And you get Blu-rays!

audiowizard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I couldnt find any deals at the time either, the best i could find was here -

http://www.hispek.com/sony/blu-ray-players/sony-bdps790-4k-3d-blu-ray-player-with-built-in-wi-fi-plus-claim-the-amazing-spider-man-3d-the-original-spider-man-trilogy-on-blu-ray-disc-pd-12552.php

Unfortunately that wasnt till after I purchased mine. I was in my local currys and they just happened to have some in stock, I ended up paying £210 for mines, but I got it there and then. Still got the free spiderman 3d, plus the spiderman trilogy on blu ray.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

In store only though, and they're in Birmingham.

By the way gel, I finally got a reply from JL about price matching with Total Digital, and they said when it's an in store only deal, they will not price match unless you live near to that store.

I don't know about Richer Sounds, but they'd probably be the same.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Richer Sounds T&Cs:

A few simple terms and conditions apply:

• Products must be brand new, boxed and in stock at time of purchase.

• If a product is not available to mail order then the retailer must have an outlet within 50 miles of the Richer Sounds store you are purchasing from.

• If a product can’t be collected locally the Price Beat must include next day P&P.

• We must be able to verify stocks.

• Price Beat only valid against products from authorised UK stores/websites.

• Price Beat on TVs and projectors applies after adding the price of our 5 year warranty to our price, and the competitor's equivalent 5 year warranty to their price.

• Price Beat excludes special orders. Accessories under £50 we will Price MATCH only.

• In order to qualify, products must be like for like with regards to specification, colour & condition. E&OE.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
In store only though, and they're in Birmingham.

By the way gel, I finally got a reply from JL about price matching with Total Digital, and they said when it's an in store only deal, they will not price match unless you live near to that store.

I don't know about Richer Sounds, but they'd probably be the same.

If you phone up Total Digital I bet they will deliver it for you, they are pretty good like that. Or just get Richer Sounds to price match or another shop. With John Lewis that's crap! They used to a couple of months back! As long as there was an instore shop they said they would price match with anyone. That was in the paper too!

My understanding has always been that the shop should be within an 8-mile radius of the John Lewis store.

According to their website:

Some high street competitors have a different nationwide shop price to their online price; in that instance we'll match whichever is the lower of the two across our shops and on our website. We also know that some high street competitors have a lower price in specific shops. Where these shops are in the local area of a John Lewis branch, we'll lower our price in that branch to match.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Magazine/Feature.aspx?Id=517

D

Deleted member 2457

I have used Prcdirect once and Total Digital three times and I am in Milton Keynes! As long as there is an instore shop they said they would price match.

D

Deleted member 2457

Someone on AV has just got John Lewis to price match with this shop

http://www.powerdirect.co.uk/product/PANASONIC-50-3D-NeoPlasma-FreeviewHD-Freesat-SmartTV-2500Hz-THX-TXP50GT50B

It is always on Hot Deals they do it too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts