Sony BDP-S570 Versus PS3

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I have recently bought a 3D tv (LG 50px990) and I am thinking replacing my PS3 with the Sony s570. Just wondering if I will notice any significant improvement in quality. I have been very happy with the PS3 apart from the fan noise. I can get the Sony for under £150.00 with the VAT refund offer.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
clle

I also have a fat PS3 and just bought a Sony 760 from Play.com. There is a definite improvement in picture quality and the sound when bitstreamed to my receiver reveals better bass and more detail via my B&W 685 Theatre. Are you pleased with your LG tv?

Best Wishes

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi clle , i also bought a 3d TV and as a package deal purchased a Samsung 3D Bluray player, the step up in picture quality from the PS3 ,surprisingly, is massive ,( i thought ). Worth the investment.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello Chris,

Just wondered what BluRay player you have? I have the c6900 and have been very impressed with it, but have nothing to compare it against for BluRay playback.

I considered a PS3, but after reading various reviews and posts thought a standalone would probably be better. Sounds like I made the right choice.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
clle

On my Sony 760 blueray player the dvds look very good when upscaled but I also have an expensive Denon Dvd player so I am spoilt for choice for dvds. Have you considered the Sony 770 with your fabulous LG tv its only £50 more than the 570?

Best wishes

Chris

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Clle

You only need a high speed hdmi cable I use QED cables because the difference over free cables is worth it better picture and sound quality. If you look in the news section there is an article about cable specifications "From today, the HDMI 1.4 cable is dead"

Best wishes

Chris

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
emotion-21.gif
Thanks Chris

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I have had the 570 now for a couple of weeks and it is fanastic - picture quality is amazing especially considering the price - thanks again for your help
emotion-11.gif

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I wondered are you able to give us a comparison of where the 570 scores above the PS3, and what you're seeing, or hearing, that's better?

I for one would be very grateful.

F

FunkyMonkey

With the PS3 you cannot output 3D images AND HD sound at the same time. Its HDMI connection simply will not allow it.

Obviously that is only an issue if you are outputting HD sound to a suitable receiver/amp.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I've read similar in reviews elsewhere that there was definitely more detail with a 570 against PS3.

A

Anonymous

Doesnt the Slim PS3 output both HD Video and DTS-HD MA via HDMI but the Fat version doesnt?

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
The PS3 Fat can decode HD audio and send hi-def PCM to an amp. The slim can also bitstream to an amp and have the amp decode.

From what I've read the PS3 can't send HD audio in any form when doing 3D.

TRENDING THREADS