SONY BDP-S360 Availability frustration

Harry Palmer

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone manage to buy a region 2 only BDP-S360 from Richer at the advertised price of £79.99, I queued and was told they where out of stock (didn't see anyone leave before me with one on Boxing day) and then called and told they where out of stock at each branch I tried (several). Again all I could find was the multi-region model with 3 discs for £119. I was tempted but have found it cheaper since then.

I've also been told that future firmware updates will render the multi-region upgrade void anyway

Any comments?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And on the subject of the region-free, it probably depends how it's done: if it's a software tweak, then yes, it may be affected by future firmware upgrades; if it's a hardware modification you should be fine.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Harry Palmer: I've also been told that future firmware updates will render the multi-region upgrade void anyway

I can't speak for the BDP-S360, but I had the BDP-S350 which I made multi-region myself (look elsewhere on the net) using my Harmony One remote. I can confirm that it stayed mullti-region (DVD) after subsequent firmware updates.

Harry Palmer

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Managed to make contact with a Sevenoaks store and was able to secure a Sony 360 for £99 with three blu-ray discs, would have preferred to pay £79 but the discs have to be worth the extra.

Not really worried about the multi-region as its dvd only however the guys can do this for me if I want it.

Thanks for the advice and the heads up on where to find a real saving!

Now I just need to invest in a few more discs. where to start?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Start by watching these threads - no end of good advice on where to pick up BD bargains. Disney BD's on Amazon at reduced prices to name but one.

Enjoy.

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts