Sony BDP-S350 Video Output

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I connected the blu-ray player using Component Out directly to the HD-Ready TV. The HDMI Out is connected to the Full-HD Projector (via AV Receiver). I want to have the option of either watching blu-ray on the TV (at lower resolution) or Projector. However, I can’t seem to be able to do so satisfactorily.

S350 setting:

a) Set Video Output to HDMI at 1080p: Projector *Yes. TV No.

b) Set Video Output to Component at 1080i: Projector Yes. TV Yes. But Projector image is limited to only 1080i because of non-HDMI output. I want to be able to have 1080p on the Projector.

*Yes. There is picture.

Can someone with the S350 advice is it possible to store User settings into the remote which came with the player? I don’t seem to be able to find the instructions in the manual.

A

Anonymous

Try setting the HDMI to 1080p. The Componant output will still be switched on and will send out 480/576i image. I think it is shown on the tables pages 62-63 of the manual.

That way to watch on the tv or projector you just turn on the relative display. If you have the audio through the HDMI you can still have the amp turned on for full surround and watch on the tv.

A

Anonymous

NSYGrinner:

Try setting the HDMI to 1080p. The Componant output will still be switched on and will send out 480/576i image. I think it is shown on the tables pages 62-63 of the manual.

That way to watch on the tv or projector you just turn on the relative display. If you have the audio through the HDMI you can still have the amp turned on for full surround and watch on the tv.

The HDMI Out from the blu-ray player is connected to my av receiver which only have one HDMI Out (to the projector). So when I picked this setting, the TV had no image.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:No, you will need to change the settings each time you change output device.

I thought so, too. Thanks for the response. By the way, any idea does such inconvenience happens to all/most blu-ray players or does newer models have better feature to accomodate display changes?

A

Anonymous

Just looked at the manual. To get a picture out of both the componant and HDMI the player cannot be set to HDMI higher than 1080i.

If you set the componant to output 720p/1080i the player will downscale DVD and blu-ray discs to standard def even through the HDMI. The best compromise to get a picture out of both is to select 1080i HDMI output.

It's on page 62 of the manual

A

Anonymous

NSYGrinner:

Just looked at the manual. To get a picture out of both the componant and HDMI the player cannot be set to HDMI higher than 1080i.

If you set the componant to output 720p/1080i the player will downscale DVD and blu-ray discs to standard def even through the HDMI. The best compromise to get a picture out of both is to select 1080i HDMI output.

It's on page 62 of the manual

You are absolutely right on the manual. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS