Sonos Beam (Gen 2) or the Sonos Arc for my room size Length - 360cm , width - 280cm, and height - 280cm

MelodyRaven

Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
Sonos Beam (Gen 2) or the Sonos Arc based on my room size(more info below)

Budget and location
- 900 USD(85,000 INR), Amazon India Prime Day Sale

How the gear will be used - With my LG C3 48 (121cm) OLED HDR10 and Dolby Vision. Spotify Play and Apple Music

New or used - New

Past gear experience - Never used any premium hi-fi soundbars. Currently, I have Edifier R1280DB bookshelf speakers and Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and Sony XM5 headphones.

Room information:

1. Room Dimensions:
    • Length - 360cm , width - 280cm, and height - 280cm
  2. Room Shape:
    • Rectangle room
  3. Room Acoustics:
    • Wall materials - Concrete wall
    • Floor materials - Vitrified tiles
    • Ceiling materials - Concrete ceiling
    • Presence and placement of windows and doors - There are two windows on one of the longer sides and one window on one of the shorter sides, for a total of three windows.
    • Presence of acoustic treatments or furniture that might absorb or reflect sound - The room contains three computer tables, three curtains, one office chair, and one single bed.
  4. Listening Position:
    • Preferred seating area or sweet spot for listening - Almost center of the room facing TV
    • Distance from the speakers to the listening position - 170cm
  5. Speaker Placement:
    • Potential locations for speakers - Under the TV, on the table.
I am looking for a high-quality standalone soundbar capable of producing a surround sound experience. My main uses for the soundbar will be:

1. Connecting it to my TV for watching movies, TV shows, and occasionally gaming.
  2. Playing music from Spotify or Apple Music.
I have narrowed it down to two options: the Sonos Beam (Gen 2) or the Sonos Arc. Both work well with my TV and can also play Spotify or Apple Music. However, I need you help to choose between the two.

MelodyRaven

Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
Sonos Arc is obviously significantly better if budget allows. I've got a Sonos Arc based 5.1 system.
Nice. I am afraid that if Sonos Arc will be too big for my room. wanted to confirm from someone. Anyway you got fantastic setup bro. how much did it all cost ballpark fig?

Nice. I am afraid that if Sonos Arc will be too big for my room. wanted to confirm from someone. Anyway you got fantastic setup bro. how much did it all cost ballpark fig?
I can't remember the exact cost, but got a decent discount on it. I think I bought it during Black Friday sale, plus I had a 15% voucher.

Sonos Arc has room correction feature and can adjust according to the room. Dolby Atmos effect is good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts