Some things in life never leave you.

(Not sure whether this is the right section to post it in. If not please move to relevant section)

Way back in the late 1970s to the mid 80s I was a part of the mod revival scene. I needed something to identify with and modernism made me feel individual.

It's crazy as I don't consciously follow modernism, some of those traits have never left me. Both music and dress sense is eerily similar to 40 years ago: hairstyle, clothing, music, attitude towards life.... and feeling of being individual.

Back in the day I wore Lonsdale tea-shirts. Scarily, back in April this year, my daughter asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I just said anything to do witha clothing.

When I opened my prezzi, it was a Lonsdale sweatshirt.

The pic with me sitting on the bonnet of the Triumph was 1981/2, newer one was taken 2003 at Brooklands. And here's my current Lonsdale.

I still have the hair.

Is there anything that has followed you or still veer towards, either music, styles or attitudes

Attachments

• 20220701_010136.jpg
    20220701_010136.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220224_030923.jpg
    20220224_030923.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210617_095118.jpg
    20210617_095118.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9
My musical taste was never easy to pigeonhole - apart from a goth* phase as a late teen. It's evolved over the years, but most things I liked when I was younger I still like.

Clothes have never been a big deal for me, though I wear Last Exit to Nowhere film-themed t-shirts almost all the time. Style has never been a big deal for me!

My attitudes/political views/beliefs (or lack thereof) are all very similar, though I have noticed I am a just that little bit more selfish in terms of the big picture than I used to be.

*Not only do I no longer have the hair, I no longer have any hair...

The only reason why I started this subject is a couple of nights ago my daughter went to see Ed Sherran at Wembley stadium. Last night we had a discussion about her first 'live' experience. Then it gradually turned to modern music and I mentioned that music in the 70s and 80s was more tribal than today. She couldn't really understand the different trends and how they differed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts