Small format DAB receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm replacing my ancient hifi. Now what I had hasn't really been used for years but I've still got a decent CD player and FM tuner so I only really need an amp and speakers. I'll probably use the stereo for sound from the TV on occasion, I'm not concerned about 5.1 surround sound for TV so two channels of stereo is perfectly adequate. Equally I'll probablly put an ipod dock on the back of it for new music that we get. So two or three phono inputs are needed.

To keep my wife happy it needs to be small format to be unobtrusive. To satisfy both of us we want to be able to have DAB / DAB+ radio. So the ideal thing would be a small format DAB receiver with three phono inputs. Is there such a thing?

(And before anyone tells me that FM is better than DAB, not here it isn't we have a better DAB signal than FM. Equally don't tell me to do some kind of interenet streaming thing I've tried that and just have endless problems with sound buffering even though we have 4Meg of broadband (that's measured not what BT have claimed so I know it is a genuine 4Meg) DAB for all its issues does what we want.)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It all depends on budget. You could get something like...

http://www.whathifi.com/review/d-m39dab/specs

... You wouldn't even need to worry about hooking up your existing CDP or Tuner.

If you're looking to spend more, you could look at this (available without the separate CD player)

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/TEAC-Reference-600/

A

Anonymous

Ta for the suggestions. The TEAC looks interesting and seems to be about £400. It's a bit short on inputs but might be worth considering.

However by luck I've managed to pick up a cheap Cambridge Audio Sonata DR30 which may well do what I want for now. I've got my eye on some Cambridge Audio Min21 speakers and stands which should make a nice compact system. If that doesn't do the job then I might come back and look at the TEAC again. Now off to window shop for DAB aerials.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts