Slower than usual load up times for forum

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
What's up with the impossibly slow page load up times on this already sh**ely annoying slow site? My internet is running fast as tested, but this site isn't even loading sometimes. Oh yes, and the jumping around of web pages still bugs the c**p out me. Surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

D

Deleted member 2457

radiorog said:
What's up with the impossibly slow page load up times on this already sh**ely annoying slow site? My internet is running fast as tested, but this site isn't even loading sometimes. Oh yes, and the jumping around of web pages still bugs the c**p out me. Surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.
Same here.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I've just accepted it as 'normal' nowadays. (Since the abandoned upgrade.)

Sometimes it's fast but at other times you just have to go and do something else. (No bad thing really.)

I think the site has been left to 'wither on the vine' (no fixes, no rules, no moderation) so I'm not really expecting much anymore.

I'll not be too shocked if the site is shut-down soon.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We're having a bad day, and believe me, we are as frustrated as you are. Trying to post News etc is painfully slow. The problem has been brought to the attention of our internet ops team who are looking into it. Apologies.

Update from the tech team:

Database server is out of the red for now, we have made some configuration changes to the way in which certain areas of the site access the database.
The improvement will be gradual, so the slowness won't disappear but in theory should improve over time over the course of the afternoon. Ops are still working on other improvements as well as the team to try and improve this even more.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
chebby said:

Sorry to disappoint you Chebby but that isn't going to happen
regular_smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

It seems to be working a bit better now. *smile*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It was a bit slow for a while but I know it will get sorted as usual. These things happen and it is a free service after all, can't really complain.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
I've just accepted it as 'normal' nowadays. (Since the abandoned upgrade.)

Sometimes it's fast but at other times you just have to go and do something else. (No bad thing really.)

I think the site has been left to 'wither on the vine' (no fixes, no rules, no moderation) so I'm not really expecting much anymore.

This is the most flaky operating site I am using. - I don't know what system they use/who they employ/ed to maintain and develop it but it is inconsisten and annoying to use!

I do like the forum/s so will continue to use it but that doesn't exactly make it easier.

The only other site I know which loads just as slow is Techradar but at least its consistently slow :)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
This is the most flaky operating site I am using. - I don't know what system they use/who they employ/ed to maintain and develop it but it is inconsisten and annoying to use!

Oh, don't be so hard on it: the way everything jumps up and down every time a page loads is great training for hand-eye co-ordination as you try to click whatever you're aiming it.

It's all very Goldener Schuss

golden_shot_3.jpg

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
drummerman said:

Oh, don't be so hard on it: the way everything jumps up and down every time a page loads is great training for hand-eye co-ordination as you try to click whatever you're aiming it.

:)

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
drummerman said:

Ha ha, spot on *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts