this website jumping around makes me nervous

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
As per title. Its been a few months now,and I think I can say that the pleasure (which was largely diminished with the new website) of using this site, is getting less by the week. It is becoming pretty annoying all this jumping around the web pages do. Every time I use the site I either hit a wrong button, logout accidently trying to access the forums, or GOTO the subscription page for the same reason, and get redirected to so many places I had no intention of going. The only way to avoid this is to wait for 5-10 seconds for a page to load properly. It used to be instantaneous. It has to be said, its about time whf updated their website. Its now like using the internet ten years ago. Slow and frustrating.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
What I [ actually don't] find astonishing is that Andy has been very present in the Forums these last few days and yet doesn't pass on any info about the progress of actually getting this pathetic site sorted. Critical posts are mostly ignored, unless he can put someone in the 'trusted' category, or find out the UK stock situation on Phillips gear [well almost].

Come on Andy, front up. How about a piece, about how the site got screwed, what WHF have managed to do and how much longer your customers are going to have to put up with this sad, sad site? That's while you still have customers to read it.

*shok*

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
It's a frustration of mine, too. Fair to say we're not alone on the internet in having ads and editorial content load at slightly different times but I agree it's far from ideal. We're still looking in to a better solution but we don't have a concrete answer at the moment, sorry.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear other peoples opinions, and glad its not just me getting wound up by the stuttering of the site.

Thanks for your honest response Joe. Glad its being looked in to. Gives me some hope....fingers crossed :)

Kefref

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Just browsing and found this thread, thought people may like to know how I got round this rather annoying little feature.

If one uses a certain web browser, the one with an icon of a bushy tailed creature (am i allowed to mention the name?) You can install add-ons that block adverts.

This completely removes the jumping around being experienced.

Hope this helps and I am not stepping on any toes

If anyone needs more details I would be glad to help

Saved my sanity no end, as was doing my head in!

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
nice! thanks for the info. maybe i should try that, although i like the other browser (like a shiney metal) as its supposedly quick and good for tablets. Is the bushy tailed one good for tablets, and internet security?

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Try Adblock for browser for idevice. Search in itunes. It's a different browser to safari but it does the trick...

only downside, to unlock all the extras such as setting home page you have to pay £3.99

A

Anderson

I find this all hilarious. In the age of 'mobile optimisation' the sites that are king of mobile optimisation are the old VB sites or the newer standard ZenForo boards. The likes of HiFiWigwam, Pink Fish Media and Steve Hoffman Forums spring to mind, the first 2 are old VB, the later is XF.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Found a fix for I device and should work for other browsers.. In settings, Safari, advanced, turn Java script off by pressing the round button so it's not green. Works great now and no jumping around. Not sure what knock on effect this will have though ...?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Well this new Netflix advert has made a poor loading site for a tablet, literally THE WORSE website I can recall using in recent times, by a long margin. The site is almost unusable now. What a joke. A site that is supposed to be about modern technology looking like something a toddler devised with mishaped fabrics and prit stick, on that cheap recycled card that looks and feels like nothing matters!

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
And may I add, while trying to post this the jumping around caused me to press a very peculiar button that I had no idea what it wanted me to be doing. Nearly lost my post. Posting comments now really is the worse experience I have ever had on he internet, in say the last five years, maybe more. It is a joke whf! You should be very disappointed and embarrassed.

A

Anderson

Yeah I got a huge pop up add covered the entire screen earlier :/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts