SKY + HD Remote problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a Blok AV Cabinet with privacy glass to house my SKY HD box. Sadly it appears that the privacy glass doesn't allow the remote to function meaning that I need to have the doors open to change channels. All of my other remotes work fine - receiver, PS3 etc.

As a workaround I tried to use a Sky Eye to see if this would work but sadly to no avail - I have ensured the RF power is switched on with the Sky Plus box but other than that am struggling to get it working.

Any ideas on anything which might work?

daveh75

scoobster999:

As a workaround I tried to use a Sky Eye to see if this would work but sadly to no avail - I have ensured the RF power is switched on with the Sky Plus box but other than that am struggling to get it working.

Any ideas on anything which might work?

Does the red led light up on the magic eye when connected?If it doesn't, then it's not get any power.

Check the magic eye is actually connected to the rf2 out, and not the rf1,this is actually quite a common mistake,

check for loose/poor connections,

try switching the rf2 power off and on again,

Try replacing the batteries in the Sky remote, if they are becoming flat magic eyes can struggle to receive the IR signals even if the remote is still working ok with the Sky box itself.

The magic eyes can also struggle to receive the IR signals if the sensor is placed in bright conditions, i.e close to a window or even LCD backlights can effect them.

If you have Sky multiroom, or friends/family with Sky,try the eye on another box and see if it works if it doesn't the eye is probably faulty.Magic eyes are pretty cheap/quite poor quality and not uncommom for them to be faulty.

If it works on another box,you know the magic eye is fine and the problem is elsewhere,possibly the rf2 out on your HD box.

If none of the above works, then an IR repeater/extender like This for example,will do the trick.

A

Anonymous

Davy 75 My Daughter has just had Sky HD an Amstrad and her remote does not work this is the second one she has had any ideas please ?

Thank You

A

Anonymous

HI Daveh75 Tried my remote on my daughters hd box and it operates a ok any ideas

daveh75

J J:My Daughter has just had Sky HD an Amstrad and her remote does not work this is the second one she has had any ideas please ?
Thank You

J J:Tried my remote on my daughters hd box and it operates a ok any ideas

Well if your remote is working your daughters STB fine, that would suggest it's not a problem with the STB.

Obvious i know,but has she tried replacing the batteries in the remote? and with ones she knows are ok? It's not uncommon for batteries to be DOA out the packet!

If that doesn't solve it,sounds like another replacement remote is gonna be needed!!!

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The batteries supplied with STB remote controls are of the 'horribly cheap and cheerful' variety. Helps keep the costs down. Definately worth changing them. Sorts the problem in most cases, in my experience.

A

Anonymous

davy75 and 8009514, In reply to both a big thankyou for your input, my daughter has tried new batteries not working, seems a third remote needed,the HD box is not yet a week old.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Nadolig Llawen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts