Sky HD Lip Sync

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced Lip Sync Problems with a SKY HD Box?

The weird thing is that it is not consistent. HD Channels seem okay but SOME times ITV 1 on SD (and others) have slightly delayed Audio. Some times recorded material has delayed Audio but other times it is OK.

It is very distracting and driving us mad!

The sky box is a Samsung and only a couple of weeks old as is my Sony KDL-37W5500. Connection of course is HDMI.

Any ideas or comments anyone?

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
This has been raised on several other forums so it is a known issue.
Having said that I have an original thomson Sky+HD and have no unusual lip sync issues.

I use and Onkyo 606 and in the hdmi control there is a setting for hdmi auto lip sync and this seems to work perfectly.

A

Anonymous

I had a new Pace box which was recalled and then several of those dreadful Thomson boxes until I dug in and got a new Amstrad. All but this latest box suffered badly with poor lip sync but this seems virtually faultless.

I must admit that it was very distracting and the adjustments for lip sync seemed to send it the wrong way and made it worse.

A

Anonymous

Keep in mind that my Thomson box was supplied by Sky after they declared my new Pace box a demic. These wre "remanufactured" boxes so I don't know how similar they are to yours if you had yours from new.

Basically, they were extremely noisey hard drives - even if switched off and the anytime drive kicked up it was loud enough to hear over the TV. Both the Pace and this new Amstrad are virually silent. You can hear them if you put your head up close but not from sitting in the chair.

The picture in both standard and HD is definately better but you might not know without having something to compare.

All three of the replacement Thomsons hung at various times.

Maybe Sky's contractor didn't do such a good job of reconditioning???

A

Anonymous

Just to add to this subject - I don't know if anyone can comment. This new Amstrad is pretty good and for the most part lip sync is perfect but;

If I record something in HD, occasionally there is a slight lip sync problem but I can't cure it with the optical delay. It seem to me as if the picture sppeaks before the sound does and for that reason I need audio delay. Anybody got any ideas?

Watching HD programs live seems to be perfect. It might be me but if I fast reverse a little way then go straight into play it is better and if I fast forward and then go into play it is worse.

All of the HD boxes including the first Pace and the 3 Thomsons all suffered (worse than this Amstrad) in similar situations.

A

Anonymous

Got the Amstrad HD box myself, terrible lip sink before you adjust it in the sound menu. Press select on any speed and it will allow you to adust while watching the picture - up to 200ms. I recomment u adjust while watching BBC news as you can generally see lips to adjust against

TRENDING THREADS