Lip sync problem LG OLED

chiglee

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I’m looking for a solution to a serious problem I have with lip sync, when watching a blu ray that has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

The lag lag is approx half a second, I’ve tried settings in the sound options on the tv but this makes no difference at all

LG OLED B7

pioneer sc-LX59

panasonic UB900

‘PLEASE HELP!!!!! I’m pulling my hair out.

regards, lee....

IT TURNS OUT THERE IS NO FIX FOR THIS ISSUE. THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN COPIED & PASTED FROM TECHRADAR WEBSITE.......

Currently the set only recognizes Dolby Atmos when it’s delivered in a Dolby Digital + container. This means that it’s compatible with streamed audio from its Netflix app, and Atmos audio from Sky Q and BT TV services. However it does not recognize Dolby Atmos when it’s part of a Dolby TrueHD bitstream, as delivered by Blu-ray.

LG says it’s working on a firmware fix to enable Atmos passthrough from Blu-ray.

———————————————————————————————————————————

i returned the tv to curry’s for a refund.

chiglee

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes that would work but you would have to reset it when you switch to anything other than Dolby Atmos on blu ray. The problem lies with the processing in the tv.

one hmdi to tv & one hdmi to avr, the UB900 has 2 hdmi outs, one for sound one for picture.

Its of little consequence now as I have returned the tv.

Im unsure what to buy now as I bought the Samsung UE65KS9000 in dec 2016 (long story short) got home, setup the tv & found it had vertical lines on the screen, took it back got home with another tv which also had a fault (can’t remember what it was) 2 days later they delivered my 3rd tv which also broke 10 months later. Samsung organised a replacement screen which also developed a fault, few days later they cam with another replacement screen (lol!!!) & you guessed it, it also had a fault!!! They refunded me the £2000 it cost so I bought the LG B7.......

im now watching everything on a 24” gaming monitor. This £2500 is burning a whole in my pocket...

chiglee

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry bud you haven’t read or indeed understand the issue,

underneath “biult in speakers support ATMOS

IT SAYS...........

however, lip-sync issue could Accur if connected to AVR.

IF IM WRONG THEN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CORRECT IT

What you're alluding to is ARC (Audio Return Channel) if you've connected your UHD player direct to TV. ARC diverts sound from TV to AV receiver. But that is not how your setup is connected.

There will be lip sync adjustment settings in your AVR. Some blu ray players also have it. Check this.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
if you are using an AVR then you'll be driving external speakers and the TV speakers should be turned off hence not lipsync issue with the TV if have set up correctly. Your BD should be passing the audio to your AVR with the AVR driving your the speakers and a video only passthough to the TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts