Sky HD channels free!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Most peops will already be aware of this but you still get a few HD channels on sky free without having the HD package add on @ £10 a month BBC HD/ITVHD /CHANNEL 4 HD ETC providing you have an HD compatable tv. Sky don't tell you this!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

They're not SKYHD channels - they belong to BBC, ITV, ITV2, ITV3 CH4, CH5 et al.

I believe some need an active SKY subscription as they are encrypted on the SKY platform but this may only be correct for the SD equivalents. (I await to be corrected).

The above only works when you have a SKY+HD box or a new SKY+ box (essentially an HD box) as the older SKY+ boxes just give you an upgrade message.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

daveh75

Cofnchtr:I believe some need an active SKY subscription as they are encrypted on the SKY platform but this may only be correct for the SD equivalents. (I await to be corrected).

BBC HD, BBC1 HD, ITV1 HD (London and Granada) and LuxeTV HD (or whatever it's calling itself now) are all FTA (Free To Air) so don't require a viewing card.

ITV1 HD (Central west and Meridian South) C4 HD, Five HD are FTV (Free To View) which as the name implies, are free, but they're encrypted, so require an active viewing card to receive them - That card can be either a Freesat from Sky card or even an ex-subscription card (provided its a current white card) no subscription is required for FTV channels

The above only works when you have a SKY+HD box or a new SKY+ box (essentially an HD box) as the older SKY+ boxes just give you an upgrade message.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

It works on any box, provided its a current white viewing card thats being used, you only get the upgrade message if it's an old blue with yellow house card which are all now deactivated....

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:
It works on any box, provided its a current white viewing card thats being used, you only get the upgrade message if it's an old blue with yellow house card which are all now deactivated....

Hi,

Thanks for the correction - I know there was something about the card...

I have a white SKY+ box in one of the bedrooms - it receives the upgrade message and has a white viewing card. I have two newer SKY+ boxes (black & silver and essentially an HD box) in 2 of the other bedrooms - they are both able to show the free HD channels.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

daveh75

Cofnchtr:Hi,

Thanks for the correction - I know there was something about the card...

I have a white SKY+ box in one of the bedrooms - it receives the upgrade message and has a white viewing card. Strange, can only assume the card was deactivated/not activated correctly.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

It's current as we get all channels in our subscription (other than HD).

Remember I'm talking about an old SKY+ box - the square white one with viewing card on the left hand side. Not sure if there's something different with the innards of the new boxes allowing an HD feed to be shown?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

daveh75

Cofnchtr:Hi,

It's current as we get all channels in our subscription (other than HD).

Remember I'm talking about an old SKY+ box - the square white one with viewing card on the left hand side. Not sure if there's something different with the innards of the new boxes allowing an HD feed to be shown?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Oh, you mean you dont get the HD channels! I thought you mean't you didn't get any FTV channels (SD). Got you now.

Yeah, obv. you need an HD box to receive HD channels.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if you get E4HD with a basic 'non HD (£10) subscription?

What about Sky 1HD , do you get that if you have 'Entertainment mix' but not £10 HD upgrade?

Thanks

daveh75

Cookie Monster:
Hi,

Just wondering if you get E4HD with a basic 'non HD (£10) subscription?

What about Sky 1HD , do you get that if you have 'Entertainment mix' but not £10 HD upgrade?

Thanks
No you need the 'HD pack'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts