Sky HD box problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just about to phone the sky man again. We are on our third HD box now, the first one died on instalation in August 06 and the second one died December 06. The sound and picture were breaking up on our third box so we complained. Then in may 07 a new dish and lnb were fitted. (Free of charge) The cables on the back of the house were well fried (south faceing) and the insulation was crumbling off. The dish was relocated to the side of the house and the installer would not remove the old dish as he would not climb on an extension roof ! So I had to remove it myself. It had been up a few years as we had sky+ and ordinarry sky before it. The problem we are now having is that you can't wach a recorded HD program while another HD program is recording. The picture and sound simply break up. As soon as no HD programs are recording every thing plays fine from the recorded list. You can wach a HD recording if a none HD program is recording though! Is there any one else out there who has had these problems? The sky people are very non comital about problems with their boxes. Nad M15 surround preamplifier-Nad M25 seven channel power amplifier- Nad M55 digital disc player- Sky HD-Sony Freeview DVD recorder RDRHXD710-Sony KDL46x2000 Bravia TV-Musical Fidelity A5 CD player-Pure dab tuner DRX701ES-Axiom EP500 sub-Axiom M60TI floorstanders-Axiom QS8 surronds-Axiom VP150 centre-Townshend Audio super tweeters-Russ Andrews ultra purifier mains blocks-Russ Andrews power cables-Russ Andrews speaker cables-interconnects by Chord-Supra-QED-dedicated mains supply from meter tailes via own consumer unit. Music by Christy Moore-June Tabor-Richard Thompson-KT Tunstall-Leonard Cohen+much much more! Films any good action movies. TV series like Deadwood-Stargate-Bones etc.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like the hard drive is struggling to read and write at the same time at HD data rates. Perhaps that's why with SD and HD it works ok. Have you looked on any other forums to ask the question and see if others have had it too?

A

Anonymous

Yes, I have had the same problem. I first noticed it while trying to watch heroes on BBC HD before it had finished recording.I have also noticed it a couple of times while using live pause on HD channels although so far I haven't complained to sky yet.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Or it could be marginal signal strength on on of the two feeds from the LNB causing the problem, maybe due to a loose connection or some corrosion on the external cabling. Just a thought....

A

Anonymous

I contacted Sky at the beginning of December and we had a visit on the 11th when signal strengh and cabling were checked again and found to be very good as he put it. We think it is more to do with processor/ hard disc / ram problems. It is interesting that when Sky anytime is active the problems get worse! Well i am glad to know it is not just me and its worth widening the surch to other forums and maybe get more people to complain! After all Sky HD is not cheap and their hardware and software should be able to cope with what they are offering us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts