Simple question but stumped

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey thanks for reading, i currently have a Yamaha RX-V1700 reciever for my home theater system.

I'm attempting to connect my ps3 to this with HDMI, and then connecting the reciever with an HDMI cable to the television.

My only question is, i can't figure out which input source to select on the reciever remote control to select ps3 as my selected source. For example when operating my DVD player, there is a simple DVD button on the remote as an input source. I'm stumped on which source i have to select when using an HDMI connect.

Anyone have any experience with this? thank you

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You need this window on the set-up menu

And choose I/O Assignment. You can then decide which input button the HDMI 2 input is mapped to - I assume you're using HDMI 1 for your DVD player. These are the buttons you cand choose for each of the two inputs - V-AUX is probably best to avoid any confusion.

For HDMI IN jacks 1 and 2 HDMI IN
Choices: [IN1] DVD, DTV, CBL/SAT, VCR 1,
DVR/VCR 2, V-AUX
[IN2] DVD, DTV, CBL/SAT, VCR 1,
DVR/VCR 2, V-AUX

You can also make sure audio is being taken from the HDMI connection using the Support Audio option on page 2 of the Sound Menu. Choose RX-V1700 if it isn't already chosen, and the sound will be taken from the PS3 via the HDMI into the receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts