Signal Problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post but can't find a more relevent forum

Setup. Roof aerial comes to a wall box in lounge then into sky hd box. Cable from Sky box via rf2 to booster/splitter in loft, then via cables to 2 other TV's in bedrooms. Sky box in lounge goes via cable to DVD to TV in lounge.

Problem Can't get BBC channels on any TV either in bedrooms or lounge, it just lost signal yesterday tried re scan no luck. Sky works in bedroom via magic eye. Any ideas welcome as annoying me to hell.

Thanks

scene

Silly question. Have you gone up into the loft and checked that the booster/splitter is working and the cables are all plugged in (nothing worked loose)... I assume it's a powered one like mine, that has a handy led so you can see if it's got power - might be worth checking. If that seems OK and if you have a small portable TV or a long RF cable, or a laptop with a TV tuner card, it might be worth unplugging the aerial feed from the booster/splitter and plugging one of them directly in to the aerial feed. If you still get no signal, then something's gone wrong with the aerial (has it fallen over
emotion-3.gif
)

One thing - be careful in the attic and use boards if not boarded, it's very expensive and painful falling through the ceiling
emotion-9.gif

daveh75

steve50:
Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post but can't find a more relevent forum

Setup. Roof aerial comes to a wall box in lounge then into sky hd box. Cable from Sky box via rf2 to booster/splitter in loft, then via cables to 2 other TV's in bedrooms. Sky box in lounge goes via cable to DVD to TV in lounge.

Problem Can't get BBC channels on any TV either in bedrooms or lounge, it just lost signal yesterday tried re scan no luck. Sky works in bedroom via magic eye. Any ideas welcome as annoying me to hell.

Thanks

Is it just the BBC's that are missing? I take it you're still getting all other channels as well as Sky on the TV's?

If so,try by-passing the Sky box, by connecting the roof aerial feed directly to the cable that's currently connected to the RF2 out of the Sky box, and see if the BBC channel return!

It's possible that, some retuning may have gone on yesterday and the BBC's are now transmitting on the same frequency as the Sky's RF output!

It's also worth checking on this site to see if there was/is any transmitter faults/work going on in your area

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts