My current systems consists of:

Denon AVR-3802 - Receiver

Denon DVD-2800II - DVD Player

Mission Cinema 7 Pack with extra pair of rears

Rel Strata III Sub

Panasonic TH42PX70 - TV

Sky HD

Various Games consoles but no PS3

I'm about to step into the world of Blu-Ray by replacing the DVD-2800 with either the BD35 or BD55 from Panasonic. This is where my dilema is. As I understand it the BD55 has 7.1 analog output, this I could connect to the AVR-3802 and let the Blu Ray player do the audio decoding.

But I've been tempted by the review of the new Denon AVR-1909 and can see benefit in the HDMI swtiching and analog video upscaling but how would it compare to my AVR-3802?

So do I go for the Panasonic BD35 and Denon AVR-1909 or just go for the Panasonic BD55?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Personally, I'd go for the BD55 and then save for a bigger and better amp than the 1909 but that might just be me!
Just my opinion, your best bet if you're not sure would be to go for an audition of the 1909 and see how it compares with your Denon - this is of course easiest if you can convince a dealer to let you do a home trial.

A

Anonymous

I've got an almost identical issue to you Stu - what conclusions did you reach, and with the benefit of a bit of hindsight are you happy with your solution?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts