Upscaling? Which do I let do the job in my setup?

WayneHarris

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

just bought a Panasonic TX-55CX802B 55 inch 4K Television, over the moon with it

My new Panasonic BDP-180 Blu Ray Player has also arrived, which goes into my Denon AVR-X2200W AV Amp
I want to play Blu Rays but upscale them to 4K on my TellyI've let the Denon do the Upscaling by setting it to do so on the amp itself in the HDMI settings, it looks awesome! But would you reckon it might be better turning the amp off to do this, then change it to let the Pioneer do the Upscaling?What would give me the best picture quality or is it a "how long is a bit of string" scenario ?The Pioneer cost me £180The Denon Cost me £450

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It really wasn't necessary to start a new thread for this, it's directly related to the last thread. Same answer as I gave to the CD question, try it both ways and see which you prefer.

The_Lhc said:
It really wasn't necessary to start a new thread for this, it's directly related to the last thread. Same answer as I gave to the CD question, try it both ways and see which you prefer.
Yes, the signature originally had a spam link. The link has disappeared now.

If the OP is serious about the question, the answer is that the TV is the best upscaler.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Iam no home theatre guru, but have dabbled a little in different configurations to get the optimum 4k picture on my 4k TV recently. And I found the upscaling left to the TV to be the best. Besides tv's have a lot of dedicated 4k video processing tech, which both the amp and blueray player lack. So my 2 cents would be to go with the TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts