Setting up for multi room

Lorne50

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a Sony STR-DN1050. It says it has 3 HDMI outs and a zone 2 audio speaker out and zone 2 audio line out. Looking at the sales info I assume that means you can play one source and listen to or watch it on any of the outputs or play 2 sources and listen/watch one in zone 1 and the other in zone 2. However can I do what I want:

1. setup zone 1 as 5.1 surround sound for TV and various music sources.

2. run a zone 2 HDMI came into another room and watch TV or listen to music through it either on its own or at the same time as zone 1 with the same or different source.

3. connect zone 2 speakers outside on the patio and listen to music outside either on its own or with another source playing in zone 1 (ie a different location to the zone 2 HDMI cable).

4. If using (3) above would the same music playing on the patio also play through the HDMI cable into the second room if the TV was turned on?

5. Can I also use the other HDMI out to listen/watch the zone 1 source in a 3rd room?

Many thanks if you can help.

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the 5th point but 1 to 4 should work, you could download the manual from the Sony site and give it a flick through to check?

TRENDING THREADS