Screen burn or image retention and what i can do about it??

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
I have a Panasonic plasma about a year old now, I don't play games but watch news / music channels alot, I get IR or maybe even screen burn but I use a screen wash dvd every so often, it plays a snow screen which needs to display for 6 hours, then it plays a blank white screen for 2 hours and last it plays a multi color screen for 1 hour so its a long process but its always worked for me, after use you should have a perfect screen again, before use you set the brightness / contrast to near full (90%) and back to normal after. The one I use is called Pixel Protecter.

A

Anonymous

I got that too but it's a real pain or what just to have the satisfaction of playing or watching on a plasma screen!

A

Anonymous

Hi ,

I am just about to purchase the panasonic 50 gt30b, after reading these comments I am a bit worried about these issues as I am buying this tv to watch movies and play games on anyone got any recommendations? will it be a case of now and then using the screen wash/pixel protector if so how often are you having to do this?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Think the GT30 is a step up 20 b what I can gather it got better refresh rates and built in protection for ir

A

Anonymous

Do you believe in god? Cos if you buy Panasonic and it goes wrong then you going to need a god on your side trust me.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
MrCoolxx - just a suggestion, but reporting what you've done and Panasonic's actions may be more productive than your current one liners. If you list your actions and their actions, people who've had a similar experience may be able to offer advice. It will also show just how unreasonable Panasonic are being which would be more beneficial to people making decisions about these things and want to be informed as to their potential treatment if they have an issue.

At the moment, it's possible you could be mistaken for someone who just has a dislike for Panasonic and is trolling them - I'm sure this isn't the case, but without full details (as Oldboy did if you look back through the thread), no one can offer advice and it's very unlikely you'll ever get a satisfactory outcome.

As has been noted in your other thread, if the anti-reflective coating on your TV was damaged when it was taken away for repair, then this will be covered by them and they will have to either fix it or replace the set. The warranty status for this has no bearing on this issue as it was damaged by the repairers.

A

Anonymous

Sorry was done on I Phone i think maybe i should do a posting on warrentys on here and what they actually cover. John Lewis does do all 5 year warrentys on thier tvs. Also the price on their website is the same as in store. Also i just come across Domestic and General doing extended warrentys online for electrical items. I plan to go to CAB tomorrow and hopefully have a chat with them about the warranty issue regarding Panasonic. But i just don't trust them at all now all they do is pass the buck Oldboy will confirm this. But something needs to be put on here regarding warrantys and customer service. Because i won't be the first or the last to have problems with a electical product bought. It's not just about the quality of the tv but the customer service that follows and Panasonic are shocking in this department.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am really surprised there are so many people having issues with IR on panasonic plasmas, for me what is astonishing is who has so much time and money to play 6-8 hours stuff to get rid of IR.

Why WHF never mentioned these issue in their reviews of any Pana Plasmas!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The WHF test team have certainly mentioned it when it's been encountered: I can recall several reviews referring to image retention; it's happened with various plasmas over the years, though not for a while, and certainly not with recent Panasonics.

But as other people have relayed above, it's really not an issue if you treat your plasma TV with respect - especially to begin with.

It's like me complaining that my projector bulb didn't last too long because I ran it all day at high brightness, and then switched it off without powering down first: the manuals make it clear how to treat a product, and if you ignore that, you won't get the best out of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts