Satellite in Majorca

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have had a satellite dish installed recently in Majorca and it's tuned to the Astra2 satellite, the reception is very poor and the selection of channels is equally poor. The dish is of the requisite size; i.e. large. I know we are not in a good location for reception but it's particularly poor. I heard of someone who lives nearby who claims to get a decent number of channels from a Sky box - this is minus the card. If I thought it was an option I would buy another Sky box (with card when I am there and without it for renters when I am not) and take it over to Majorca, then get the dish tuned in to Sky.

Does anyone have any experience of satellite television reception in Majorca?

A

Anonymous

I'll try to get a picture or actual dish size but it was installed by a well known, locally run, UK owned company. We've used them for a number of things and have no reason to doubt their expertise. I would say it's at least 150cm but now you've cast some doubt will try to check.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Not an expert on this but it also depends on the receiver you're using as some boxes handle weak signals better than others.

Another factor may be the accuracy of the dish alignment, LNR arrangement etc.

Best advice I can offer is ask at the Astra 2D forums as the mods there are pretty much experts on this kind of thing:

There's a country specific forum including Spain:

http://astra2d.proboards31.com/

A

Anonymous

OK, I can now confirm it is 1.5m. The reception is really poor though with a good 1 second delay between picture and audio. Anyone have any thoughts on the wisdom of using a sky box with and without the card (depending on who is in the house).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts