Samsung ue55hu7500 owners

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been looking at the Samsung ue55hu7500, when I was in Richer Sounds I asked to see the TV displaying a sky broadcast, instead of the 4k demo shots. I was very disappointed tbh, the Hd broadcast was pretty poor if I'm honest, the sd was obviously worse!

My question is, is this to be expected when I get it home? I understand that the signal in the shop is split between all the other tvs, but the salesman didn't seem too concerned, I even asked if he was looking at the same TV?!

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
My apologies, the iOS version of what hifi is incredibly user unfriendly! I'll continue....

i currently have a 5 year old LG LCD 42" TV which is incredibly clear compared to the picture I saw in the shop on a brand new state of the art 5* rated TV.

Is this to be expected because of its size? I was standing about 4m from it as I would be at home, and the picture just looked 'fuzzy' and 'blurred'.

i promptly put my wallet away!

Im

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
And again.....

I'm dying to buy a larger TV but it has put me off!

can somebody reassure me of how good this TV will be when I get it home?!

thankyou all in advance!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't have this machine, but whenever I've seen the Samsung HU7500 in the shops, mainly John Lewis and PC World, it has looked good to me, even on the shop image presets and under shop lighting. Have you read any reviews of it? Don't forget to budget for about £200 to £250 to get the set calibrated, once it's done about 200 hours.

D

Deleted member 2457

Buy an OLED TV - they are roughly the same price now.

D

Deleted member 2457

£1900 here:

http://www.reevoo.com/p/lg-55ea980w?gclid=CL6SiOrRncECFaYewwodBGIAmw

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
Why is this calibration so necessary?

Because calibration makes a television perform significantly better, and, broadly speaking, the better (more expensive) the television, the more of a shame it would be not to get it calibrated.

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, no I haven't seen anything about having to pay for calibration... I'll have to look into that?!

Son_of_SJ said:
I don't have this machine, but whenever I've seen the Samsung HU7500 in the shops, mainly John Lewis and PC World, it has looked good to me, even on the shop image presets and under shop lighting. Have you read any reviews of it? Don't forget to budget for about £200 to £250 to get the set calibrated, once it's done about 200 hours.

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, yes I have considered Oled, but I'm looking to purchase the tv through a salary sacrifice nhs scheme and Oled tv's aren't available at present for some reason?!however that could change... I may look into it

D

Deleted member 2457

Paulsmithjeans said:
Hi, yes I have considered Oled, but I'm looking to purchase the tv through a salary sacrifice nhs scheme and Oled tv's aren't available at present for some reason?!however that could change... I may look into it
Ah I see.

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Just read your shoot out post... What a fantastic review... However in still completely and utterly confused in what to do?! Haha...?! The only reason I want to upgrade is for a larger panel... I truly can't fault my cheap (£400 at the time) lg LCD...I may even hold off until the Oled panels are perfected..
bigboss said:
Samsung HU7500 is a brilliant TV with one of the best upscaling of 1080p content. I attended a TV shootout recently. Will post the link to the thread when I get home.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Paulsmithjeans said:
The only reason I want to upgrade is for a larger panel... I truly can't fault my cheap (£400 at the time) lg LCD...I may even hold off until the Oled panels are perfected..

What is your budget? I would urge you to get the very biggest size that you can, in order to make real difference over your current 42" set.

Paulsmithjeans said:
I may even hold off until the Oled panels are perfected..

Improved I could understand waiting for, but perfected? It could be argued that, even after more than a decade, plasma technology was not quite perfected. If you are going to wait until OLED is perfected you might be tripping over your flowing grey beard! And, according to gel, OLED is pretty good right now!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you know if RS fed the sky into the tv via Hdmi or component ? Usually the latter from my experience of demoing tvs, so it will look poor.. Just double check this.. I went to the same shoot out as BB and the Samsungs were very good although I would go for OLED or a panasonic plasma from last years minimum ST if you can find 1.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Do you know if RS fed the sky into the tv via Hdmi or component ? Usually the latter from my experience of demoing tvs, so it will look poor.. Just double check this.. I went to the same shoot out as BB and the Samsungs were very good although I would go for OLED or a panasonic plasma from last years minimum ST if you can find 1.
Agreed. For that sort of money you should get perfect black levels.

If budget is a bit tight, look at Samsung UEH7000 series. Their 60-inch version is available for £1499 at Currys which John Lewis will happily price match and include a 5-year guarantee. This is Samsung's flagship 1080p flat TV.

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
And gel... The Oled lg is available for me... For those that missed my post.. I'll be buying through an nhs salary sacrifice scheme which is supplied by currys pc world... Ill definitely want a 5 year warranty... Most but not all tv's are offered with this

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I've set my budget at £2k... But obviously cheaper would be better.. However the 7000 series at currys doesn't include a 5 year warranty... The 7200 does but I must admit I'm not a fan of the curved tv's... I'm sure this has been discussed... It's also what's putting me off the lg Oled?! I'll be shopping again today so hopefully I can put your advice into effect!!

D

Deleted member 2457

Paulsmithjeans said:
I've set my budget at £2k... But obviously cheaper would be better.. However the 7000 series at currys doesn't include a 5 year warranty... The 7200 does but I must admit I'm not a fan of the curved tv's... I'm sure this has been discussed... It's also what's putting me off the lg Oled?! I'll be shopping again today so hopefully I can put your advice into effect!!
You don't notice the curve, I haven't once.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Paulsmithjeans said:
I've set my budget at £2k... But obviously cheaper would be better.. However the 7000 series at currys doesn't include a 5 year warranty...

The Samsung UE60H7000 is £1,499 at Currys/PC World. As bigboss advised someone else, go to John Lewis. It costs £2,000 at John Lewis, but you can get them to price match with Currys, so it should cost you £1,4999 from John Lewis. Then you will get your 5-year guarantee, like all televisions sold by John Lewis.

Samsung televisions are really on a roll at the moment, and the H7000 is the top flat (not curved!) 1080p (ie, not 4K resolution) television series.

(Whoops!!! Clearly I've forgotten about bigboss's post number 18 above!!)

Paulsmithjeans

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello again all... After checking.. I've had to forget about the lg Oled as the chances are I'll be wall mounting it in our new home... I'm still considering the the samsung 7500.. I also really like the lg 55ub950! Has anyone got an opinion on that tv? It's on sale at £1599... Any owners out there?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts