SAMSUNG UE46B8000 PICTURE SETTINGS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

I originally posted a similar message on the home cinema forum which is probably why I didnt get any replys. I have the above mentioned TV and although happy with the picture I wonder if I can get better results from peoples recommended settings.

To the WHF team do you keep a record of the settings you used when testing this TV ? If so are they available ? I know there are variances with where the TV would be placed / lighting etc etc but it would certainly provide a reference / starting point for people like myself. I think a section in your reviews of recommended set ups would be useful to your readers and wonder if this could happen. I would be happy to pay a small charge for such information as I am sure many other readers would. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
put it on the (movie) settings then adjust the picture like this

sharpness 70

dynamic contrast HIGH

colour tone warm1

200hz clear

should look better

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Mark

I believe the Samsung UE46B8000 features in our December 09 issue TV Supertest, out next week, so I'll have a word with the test team when I'm back in the office on Monday and see if I can find out which settings they used.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing from you soon

Mark

kev g

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
I found these settings on the web, used as a general guide. Perhaps the same as the team used ?

Picture Mode : Movie

Color Temperature : Warm 2

Aspect ratio : 16:9

Picture Settings -

Backlight : 3

Contrast : 85

Brightness : 47

Sharpness : 0

Color : 47

Tint : G46/R54

Advanced Settings -

Black Tone : Off

Dynamic Contrast : Off

Gamma : -1

Color Space : Auto

White Balance : Factory Default

Flesh Tone : 0

Edge Enhancement : Off

XVYCC Color : Off

Picture Options -

Color Tone : Warm 2

Size : 16:9

Digital NR : Off

HDMI Black Level : Low

Film Mode : Auto 1

Blue Only Mode : Off

Auto Motion Plus : Off

A

Anonymous

Dear Andy,

Having purchased the December 09 issue today, and being pleased to see the Samsung UE46B000 topping the 46-47" test, can you please speak to the test team and provide the full list of settings (to the level of kev g on his post of 11-10-2009, 3:23 PM)?

I have seen many reviews that have given glowing ratings for this TV, which have also indicated the difficulties in getting the settings right. I have also seen many posts on forums from frustrated owners who have not been able to optmise the settings.

I appreciate that the settings provided will need to be caveated due to the conditions (lighting etc) in your test environment. However, it would surely appease all those who have purchased this TV and are unable to configure it to the oprimum level.

Please please please help us.

Kind Regards

Peter

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy

any luck finding out the Samsung settings ?

Regards

Mark

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
tvspecv:

put it on the (movie) settings then adjust the picture like this

sharpness 70

dynamic contrast HIGH

colour tone warm1

200hz clear

should look better

Why should changing the clours make it look any better? All your doing is changing the way the director intended the film to be seen

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:

Why should changing the clours make it look any better? All your doing is changing the way the director intended the film to be seen

emotion-18.gif
maybe they know better that the movie studios???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts