Samsung MicroLED anticipation thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

In this review of the Q950R QLED review in says that it’s 4000 nits, whereas the new MicroLEDs are claiming 5000 nits so how much better in reality will they be do you think? I am not so sure they will be that much better.

A lot of OLED fans are stating MicroLED will be the Holy Grail of TVs but I think they are missing a big trick with the 4000 nit 8K QLED range from 2019 and this years 2020 8K QLED range. For some reason the buzz around TVs currently still seems to be OLED even though it’s in decline which I can’t understand. In the reviews of the 2019 4K QLED TVs the reviews state it’s now on par with OLED for viewing angles and more importantly black levels and they can go a lot brighter than OLEDs and are better HDR TVs so what’s not to like?

This is a MicroLED anticipation thread though so please post away about MicroLEDs, from the videos I have seen off The Wall TV the colours are amazing! What do you think?

D

Deleted member 2457

I suppose going back to OLED versus QLED it’s cheaper for one OLED and a lot of reviews go for quality and a cheap price, I wonder if this will still be the case when MicroLED comes out?

For some reason the buzz around TVs currently still seems to be OLED even though it’s in decline which I can’t understand.
OLED is certainly not in decline.

D

Deleted member 2457

OLED is certainly not in decline.

What I mean is LG OLED TVs peaked 2 series back and the current ones aren’t as good in the 4K range. What I should say is in my opinion the current 4K ones aren’t as good. They are still getting great reviews though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

But like I say QLED is here now and it’s excellent!

D

Deleted member 2457

It’s about time you got some native 8K content for it. Still seems to be a long way off becoming mainstream though.
I got native 8K content already mate with the Explorers App. Yes, still a long way off becoming mainstream though last I heard Raquten TV steaming service was close to releasing 8K streaming.

Brek

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Seriously how bright do you want your screen to be? I understand why Oled is still the talk of shows, its a mature high quality technology. I have turned the brightness down on my oled to 68 from the default 100, microleds? 8k? an industry desperate to sell a bunch of gear to replace the gear we already have and which is more than good enough. Even though I find 8k pointless A recent LG press release shows 8k oled is still better than microled anyway.

D

Deleted member 2457

Seriously how bright do you want your screen to be? I understand why Oled is still the talk of shows, its a mature high quality technology. I have turned the brightness down on my oled to 68 from the default 100, microleds? 8k? an industry desperate to sell a bunch of gear to replace the gear we already have and which is more than good enough. Even though I find 8k pointless A recent LG press release shows 8k oled is still better than microled anyway.
We are still to see if MicroLED will take off, it wouldn’t be the first time for Samsung to abandon a TV technology - agree.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts