Samsung HT-XQ100R 5.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I know this may be a relatively simple question so you will need to excuse the newbie for his ignorance....

Since I read the May issue I have been trying to lay my hands on the new 5.1 Samsung HT-Q100 without success. The usually reliable t'internet has drawn a blank in locating this system and Samsung claim it should be available in every corner shop.

Does anyone know when this system will be hitting the shelves?

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there,

Bit of a mystery this one. It was certainly all over the internet/in shops when we first tested it, and even now Samsung are saying stock is out there - which is why it's still in our Buyer's Guide.

However, retailers are telling us they're out of stock and can't get anymore. In addition, Samsung is rolling out a new range of home cinema systems - we've tested the first, 2.1 virtual surround version in our current August issue, and have the 5.1 version (which looks remarkably like the XQ100R) planned in for our next issue.

I can only presume Samsung has sold out of the original 5.1 model far sooner than expected. Watch this space for an update....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply,

I did read the review in the latest issue and was tempted to wait until the HT250R was reviewed in next month's issue. My poor samsung F71 however has been waiting for a few months now to be treated to some upscaled images. Would you be able to tell me in a yes/no answer as to whether this new system is a possible equal to the XQ100R? If it's a "yes" them I will definately postpone my purchase for another 2 weeks in order to read the review; if it's a "no" then I'll plump for the XQ100R.

Don't worry I will be buying the next issue regardless.

Thanks again,

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm sorry to say that the Samsung kit didn't arrive in time to get it into the next issue - it's promised imminently so is current scheduled for our issue out August 23rd. Ask me again in a few weeks - if you can wait that long - and I may be able to give some early impressions. Very, very frustrating, as I know how many of you are waiting on this review.

A

Anonymous

Hi Claire

Did the Samsung HT-XQ100R make the October issue?

If so, can you provide some early impressions.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sony DAV-IS10 (5* Rating)

Forget the Samsung and go for this baby. Its not out just yet but it is already got a price of £500 from 2 internet retailers.

That's £100 cheaper than RRP

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Two Samsung's in the October issue (out today!) - the HT-X200 (2.1; £350; four stars) and the HT-TXQ120 (5.1; £900; five stars).

But yes, the star of the test is the tiny Sony. Has to be seen (and heard) to be believed....

TRENDING THREADS