Can a Samsung 2.1 Home theatre system output 5.1 over HDMI?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

this is my first post on these forums, although i read regularly. My parents have recently upgraded their home cinema to the sony strdh800 av receiver and q acoustics 2000 speakers, but prior to this they had a samsung ht bd700 bluray/home theatre system. When upgrading they chose not to upgrade the base unit of this (the blu ray player) as I assumed that it would output 5.1 sound over HDMI. after having plugged this into the av receiver, this appears not to be the case, and its outputting in a 2.0 config. I have messed about with a number of settings but to no avail. So my question is, does anyone know whether the unit can actually output 5.1 over hdmi? and if so could you please let me know:)

If not it looks like they will have to get a new blu ray player? besides this i thought about replacing it with a sony blu ray player, but there isnt really the budget there to stretch, no more than £300 anyway.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

probably you cannot, with 310pounds, as i've read in other forums you can get the sony s760, and the LG BD390 for 220, both 5star very recomended by what hi-fi.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for that, yes it was the case, so this morning i looked at the lg and the sony mentioned, in the end we opted for the LG as it was cheaper and its fantastic, far better than expected. Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS