Samsung 55HU7500 or 55HU8500

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a new tv in september, i am not sure wheather to go for the samsung 7500 or 8500, i would appreciate any advice.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi bigboss, i've read the review and i was going to go for the 7500 but recently i have read on another forum that the 7500 has the VA panel which is cheap and nasty so now i'm not so sure.

VA panel cheap and nasty? Can you link that forum page here? Both 7500 and 8500 should employ the same panel as far as I'm aware. I thought I would be impressed by the 8500, but the 7500 wowed me more. You should check both TVs side by side before purchase.

First of all, that VA vs IPS video is for commercial displays, and the tests used are not applicable to home TVs. Secondly, Vincent Teoh of HDTV Test at the shootout wasn't holding his breath for the upcoming Panasonic 900 series 4K TV because it uses an IPS panel which according to him is inferior.

This is what Vincent Teoh says:

"Despite being designated as a step-down model with certain features omitted, the UE-55HU7500 actually held its own against the range-topping UE55HU8500 when it came to image quality. In fact, the backlight (or technically, edge-light) on the flat-screen 4KTV was more uniform than what we observed on its curved sibling, although the latter’s pseudo-local dimming system was more accomplished since it’s not entirely software-driven. Ultimately, we think the decision between the two boils down to whether you’re happy to spend £400 more for the curved design which is bound to get people talking."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts