SACD and Blu Ray players

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have an Arcam DV88+ and AVR200 with 5.1 Dynaudio Audience plus REL speakers. I want to upgrade to Blu Ray with SACD in glorious surround sound but certainly cannot afford the Marantz or Denon universal players. The Sony BDP-S760 is my sort of budget and I was considering the Cambridge Audio DVD99 for SACD (£150 from Richer Sounds). Will the SACD sound be worth the expenditure compared to CD replay through the Sony or would it be worthwhile waiting for the launch of the Cambridge Audio Azur 650BD universal player? What amplifier would you recommend for the Sony and my current speakers to improve on the Arcam?

A

Anonymous

Personally, I'm glad there's been this delay. After the gruelling debacle that was the Oppo launch, and the wearying debate that ensued on here, I ended up quite put off by the whole thing, even though I've been looking for an all-in-one player of this type for a couple of years. I hope I can approach this launch with renewed enthusiasm.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Cambridge Audio 650BD is on schedule to launch from February 2010 in the Uk - we've been promised the first review sample, plus will keep you updated re pricing and availability.

A

Anonymous

I would just like to add that I thought Andrew, Clare and the team handled themselves with great dignity and restraint in the face of really unpleasant accusations of bias etc, incidentally. I hold no one here to blame for what went on, but by gosh it got nasty!!

EDIT: Just noticed your new picture Clare. Wow, you're a looker!!!!
emotion-11.gif

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard: In Denmark, i think - not yet in the UK.

Yes, you can get the Cambrigde in Denmark.

You can actually also get the Oppo (both of them) from a few authorised dealers, CE marked and everything.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
kaotician:

I would just like to add that I thought Andrew, Clare and the team handled themselves with great dignity and restraint in the face of really unpleasant accusations of bias etc, incidentally. I hold no one here to blame for what went on, but by gosh it got nasty!!

EDIT: Just noticed your new picture Clare. Wow, you're a looker!!!!
emotion-11.gif

It seems my similar post was deleted..
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts