Russ Andrews - The best one yet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

manicm

Yeah, someone like Roger Waters who is 72 years old, who has sold out incredibly successfu tours in the lat 10 years, and is incredibly intelligent is a duffer.

Ditto John Cale, who is even older at 73. Not to mention David Bowie at 69. All duffers.

My father, an attorney, worked till his dying breath at 84. And he was the most frugal man I knew.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
I admire Russ. He's selling the hifi equivalent of the fake bomb detectors without putting lives at risk and fleecing those that thoroughly deserve it. It's a fantastic business model like Nordost.

Unlike those (fake bomb detectors) RA give you a return and money back guarantee (unless something has changed).

Therefore what are those monthly RA bashing threads about?

Have you tried the device? - Perhaps you (the OP) should before posting and condemning ... ! After all, you get your cash back and can then make an informed opinion rather than just being opinionated. No offense (I am very oppinionated myself and it gets worse with age).

It may well do nothing. On the other hand it may do.

I don't know and have no intentions to find out but I also don't start these threads on a regular basis.

Gray

cheeseboy said:
Anybody wishing to defend Russ Andrews over this deserves everything they get quite frankly...

For the princly sum of 4.5k you can have a thing http://www.russandrews.com/eu/dde-1/

They don't even tell you what it does. So on the surface, you spend 4.5k on something to make discs spin around.

Anybody got any ideas? It's taken them 2 years to come up with this, and in that 2 years they seemingly haven't even worked out what it's for...

Makes previous favourites of mine, the cable elevators, seem like a bargain at 4 for £34.60.

For those that might have missed them, cable elevators raise your speaker cable off of the floor.

Gray

cheeseboy said:
Anybody wishing to defend Russ Andrews over this deserves everything they get quite frankly...

For the princly sum of 4.5k you can have a thing http://www.russandrews.com/eu/dde-1/

They don't even tell you what it does. So on the surface, you spend 4.5k on something to make discs spin around.

Anybody got any ideas? It's taken them 2 years to come up with this, and in that 2 years they seemingly haven't even worked out what it's for...

Makes previous favourites of mine, the cable elevators, seem like a bargain at 4 for £34.60.

For those that might have missed them, cable elevators raise your speaker cable off of the floor.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Vladimir said:
I simply couldn't care less what you think, let alone cater to your fake sensitivities.

So anyone who disagrees with you has 'fake sensitivities', then? How very boorish you are.

You disagree with statistics and facts, not me. But that's not why you are trolling me now. My guess is that you are just a sad and mean SOB. Which is neat since there is a job opening at Vlad's Haters Country Club for ball collecting and pit cleaning technician. You seem to fit the requirements. Interested?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
spiny norman said:
TrevC said:
I admire Russ. He's selling the hifi equivalent of the fake bomb detectors without putting lives at risk

In this case it isn't a fake anything, because it doesn't claim to do anything. You put the disc on, press the button, it spins, the light goes off and then you take the disc off and play it in your usual player.

As long as it does spin and the light works properly, can't see anything at all wrong with this product, and anyone who thinks this functionality justifies the price will probably be more than happy with their purchase. If it doesn't spin to their satisfaction, there's even a 60-day money back guarantee.

There is a hint of genius about this product and how it's advertised.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Gray said:

Nothing worse than a too-low cable! ;-)

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I called them. Couldn't resist it. The guy on the phone told me it uses proprietary technology to treat the disc, and you need to do it each time. He also couldn't tell me what it does apart from it doesn't affect the surface, or clean the disc. The closest he could say was to think of de-magnetising. I must say, I'm struggling to see where the 3k of value would be. My entire hifi at new prices is less than that....

I didn't order one.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
The closest he could say was to think of de-magnetising.

That explains it, but then given that CDs clearly need demagnetising, this will it do it for a measly $525. If it's perfectly possible for so little, what's inside the RA product, then? Magic cable or something? ;-)

drummerman said:
TrevC said:
I admire Russ. He's selling the hifi equivalent of the fake bomb detectors without putting lives at risk and fleecing those that thoroughly deserve it. It's a fantastic business model like Nordost.

Unlike those (fake bomb detectors) RA give you a return and money back guarantee (unless something has changed).

Therefore what are those monthly RA bashing threads about?

Have you tried the device?  - Perhaps you (the OP) should before posting and condemning ... ! After all, you get your cash back and can then make an informed opinion rather than just being opinionated. No offense (I am very oppinionated myself and it gets worse with age).

I don't know and have no intentions to find out but I also don't start these threads on a regular basis.
Sure it's worth a try. But what are we looking at? They don't even say what to expect. It's the first product I've ever seen that doesn't say what it does.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This Russ Andrews product might be a spin off from the recent discovery of gravitational waves produced by colliding black holes.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/feb/11/gravitational-waves-discovery-hailed-as-breakthrough-of-the-century

This amazing product has been obtained by bending space / time using the waves allowing Russ to build them before he actually knows their purpose. In future they think that travellers using this technology could arrive at their destination before they actually left.*shok*

Russ estimates that if you buy one today he might be able to tell you what it does or doesn't do in about 62 days time, but whatever it does the bass will be tighter and the sound more musical with more space around instruments, and of course perfect timing.*biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
manicm said:
Vladimir said:
Aluminium is not magnetic.

Cd is just polycarbonate plastic.

There is a layer of aluminium on top of it, otherwise it wont be reflective.

A CD is made from 1.2 millimetres (0.047 in) thick, polycarbonate plastic and weighs 15–20 grams. From the center outward, components are: the center spindle hole (15 mm), the first-transition area (clamping ring), the clamping area (stacking ring), the second-transition area (mirror band), the program (data) area, and the rim. The inner program area occupies a radius from 25 to 58 mm.

A thin layer of aluminium or, more rarely, gold is applied to the surface, making it reflective. The metal is protected by a film of lacquer normally spin coated directly on the reflective layer. The label is printed on the lacquer layer, usually by screen printing or offset printing.

Wiki

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I expect the magentism bends the laser light. I will apply for the Nobel prize immediately as nobody has observed this before and nobody has thought that photons have any electric charge.

Chris

K

keeper of the quays

Is there a blind test for this product on youbtube? He nearly has sold it to me..small problem? Its too cheap!!! Reassauringly expensive is what im after!

TrevC

drummerman said:
TrevC said:

Therefore what are those monthly RA bashing threads about?

Have you tried the device? - Perhaps you (the OP) should before posting and condemning ... ! After all, you get your cash back and can then make an informed opinion rather than just being opinionated. No offense (I am very oppinionated myself and it gets worse with age).

Don't have a go at me, I was praising the guy.

Can't you tell his stuff is a hoax?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
Don't have a go at me, I was praising the guy.

Can't you tell his stuff is a hoax?

What have most (all?) of the contributors of threads/comments on the net about Russ Andrews products in common?

They (probably) never tried what they dismiss ... this most probably includes you TrevC.

Now, if someone on here would tell me they actually tried this thing and didn't notice any difference (or otherwise) ... hat off to them. (After all, you can return)

From you?

Nope, not interested, sorry me old china pot :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts