Russ Andrews - The best one yet?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody wishing to defend Russ Andrews over this deserves everything they get quite frankly...

For the princly sum of 4.5k you can have a thing http://www.russandrews.com/eu/dde-1/

They don't even tell you what it does. So on the surface, you spend 4.5k on something to make discs spin around.

Anybody got any ideas? It's taken them 2 years to come up with this, and in that 2 years they seemingly haven't even worked out what it's for...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
Anybody wishing to defend Russ Andrews over this deserves everything they get quite frankly...

For the princly sum of 4.5k you can have a thing http://www.russandrews.com/eu/dde-1/

They don't even tell you what it does. So on the surface, you spend 4.5k on something to make discs spin around.

Anybody got any ideas? It's taken them 2 years to come up with this, and in that 2 years they seemingly haven't even worked out what it's for...

Your link only takes us to the home page. Can you name the product or provide a more 'targetted' link please?

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
Your link only takes us to the home page. Can you name the product or provide a more 'targetted' link please?

hmm strange, link works for me, but I'm not accessing from the UK. Its the dde1

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Vladimir.

It seems - from your link - that it 'only' costs £3100 now.

They won't explain what it's supposed to do because as soon as they post any claims online someone will haul them off to the ASA again.

Best to start with no explanation at all rather rather than be forced to remove one.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
Thanks Vladimir.

It seems - from your link - that it 'only' costs £3100 now.

so it seems that it's 1400 quid more expensive if you are not in the UK. Nice one russ...

chebby said:
They won't explain what it's supposed to do because as soon as they post any claims online someone will haul them off to the ASA again.

Best to start with no explanation at all rather rather than be forced to remove one.

*biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy laughing at these things, as evolution decided to reward with happy endorphins those of us who avoided the stomach gouging by a predator. But really when you think about it, who tipically gets scammed with silly outrageous snake oil products and scams. There are younger victims here and there but it's usually senior citizens, grandads and grandmas who don't know any better. And when I think someone would scam my grandad out of his life savings I don't feel like laughing at the Darwin awards. It just pi**es me off.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
I admire Russ. He's selling the hifi equivalent of the fake bomb detectors without putting lives at risk

In this case it isn't a fake anything, because it doesn't claim to do anything. You put the disc on, press the button, it spins, the light goes off and then you take the disc off and play it in your usual player.

As long as it does spin and the light works properly, can't see anything at all wrong with this product, and anyone who thinks this functionality justifies the price will probably be more than happy with their purchase. If it doesn't spin to their satisfaction, there's even a 60-day money back guarantee.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
but it's usually senior citizens, grandads and grandmas who don't know any better. And when I think someone would scam my grandad out of his life savings I don't feel like laughing at the Darwin awards. It just pi**es me off.

That's odd, because people making sweeping generalisations about those later in life really annoys me. I might just take it personally.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Vladimir said:
but it's usually senior citizens, grandads and grandmas who don't know any better. And when I think someone would scam my grandad out of his life savings I don't feel like laughing at the Darwin awards. It just pi**es me off.

That's odd, because people making sweeping generalisations about those later in life really annoys me. I might just take it personally.

I don't care what you think or how you take it. It's a well established fact that senior citizens are a more vulnerable group than middleaged. Having outdated knowledge on technology, low cost lifestyle, life savings and disposable income at hand makes them a desirable target.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I don't care what you think or how you take it. It's a well established fact that senior citizens are a more vulnerable group than middleaged. Having outdated knowledge on technology, low cost lifestyle, life savings and disposable income at hand makes them a desirable target.

Poor, silly old duffers, eh? It'd be kinder if we were all quietly gassed on retirement, wouldn't it?

The level of assumption in your last post, suggesting 'outdated knowledge on technology, low cost lifestyle, life savings and disposable income at hand' shows just how breathtakingly ill-informed you are: some of us spend our 'leisure time' keeping up to date on technology, studying for further education qualifications and eking out our meagre pensions to make ends meet.

We're not all just sitting around drooling and waiting for Countdown to start or Matron to call us for lunch, you know!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a work of genius. Nothing to tell you what it does or what results you can expect, so you can't sue if it doesn't work as advertised, because they don't claim it does anything. Nor can anyone go grassing to the ASA. And it costs over three grand. Pure genius.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Vladimir said:

Poor, silly old duffers, eh? It'd be kinder if we were all quietly gassed on retirement, wouldn't it?

The level of assumption in your last post, suggesting 'outdated knowledge on technology, low cost lifestyle, life savings and disposable income at hand' shows just how breathtakingly ill-informed you are: some of us spend our 'leisure time' keeping up to date on technology, studying for further education qualifications and eking out our meagre pensions to make ends meet.

We're not all just sitting around drooling and waiting for Countdown to start or Matron to call us for lunch, you know!

Your PC threadcrapping is boring me.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
That is the single most amazing thing I have seen on hifi. If you told me I wouldnt believe you.
But on the other hand, it puts your discs through a "process" :) Hell yeah, process me up baby! :)

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I think having more of life's experiences would make us (50/60.+ crowd) less susceptible to being conned by such audio - foo! .I find it's the younger generation with the frivolous lifestyles (and good luck to them too!) who spend, spend,spend!

Anyone taking advantage of vulnerable older people (dodgy savings schemes, expensive mobility items, general home improvement work etc) - should be sent away for 20 years minimum!.

Not seen any dodgy "hifi" sellers on watchdog yet!

tonky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts