Ruark R410 vs Two Apple Homepods 2 in stereo

Badlagar

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for a very compact setup in my living room and also fitting with the style of the room.

What will have more sound quality, the new Ruark R410 or two Apple Homepods 2 in stereo?

Links to both products:

Hello,

I am looking for a very compact setup in my living room and also fitting with the style of the room.

What will have more sound quality, the new Ruark R410 or two Apple Homepods 2 in stereo?

Links to both products:
Welcome,
Unfortunately you the only one who can determine which is best in your particular listening room.

Reactions: Badlagar

jjbomber

Hello,

Ruark by a country mile. However they do sound rather polite, so best to audition. For slightly less money there is the KEF LSX II. Another one for the shortlist is the Acoustic Energy AE1.

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
Have a look at the Technics SA-C600.
I have this in my bedroom with a pair of Tannoy Revolution DC6 Expresso.

A really great sound from the pair of them.
Unforturnately the Tannoys have been discontinued (bought mine on ebay), but the Technics is current.

With a decent pair of speakers, you'll have a lovely system that has a CD, streaming facilities, FM and DAB radio, Bluetooth and of course and amp (Just add speakers)

PC and optical inputs............ let's not forget a turntable input as well..

More than enough for a room.... it certainly plays my 4*5 sqm room more than adequately :)

Badlagar

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Welcome,
Unfortunately you the only one who can determine which is best in your particular listening room.
Ups forgot to say, it is a standard living room with 25 sqm. Device will go down the tv, in a furniture (tv is hanging in the wall).

Ruark by a country mile. However they do sound rather polite, so best to audition. For slightly less money there is the KEF LSX II. Another one for the shortlist is the Acoustic Energy AE1.

What you mean with "rather polite"?

Have a look at the Technics SA-C600.
I have this in my bedroom with a pair of Tannoy Revolution DC6 Expresso.

A really great sound from the pair of them.
Unforturnately the Tannoys have been discontinued (bought mine on ebay), but the Technics is current.

With a decent pair of speakers, you'll have a lovely system that has a CD, streaming facilities, FM and DAB radio, Bluetooth and of course and amp (Just add speakers)

PC and optical inputs............ let's not forget a turntable input as well..

More than enough for a room.... it certainly plays my 4*5 sqm room more than adequately :)

Thank you for your answers.

I want to keep the setup really minimal. Ruark is a little bit bigger than desired, but fits really good with the aesthetics of the furnitures and the living room in general. Two small homepods also will not break much the aesthetics.

I am a little bit afraid that the stereo of the Ruark will not fill enough the room due to the short distance between the speakers. Not always I sit in front of the device.

Oxfordian

Ruark for me, I have the R4 and it is a good few years old now but sounds just fantastic, bought it as B grade stock as it had a scratch on the side, I'm still trying to find the scratch.

No hesitation in recommending Ruark.

Badlagar

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Not exactly rock 'n' roll, headbanging, type of sound. More technical perfection that rhythm and timing. I don't know what music you like and the Ruark may well be perfect. I would certainly audition first.
No, I will not listen anything loud. I live in an apartment and want not to disturb neighbours. I just want to have nice quality while reading or having dinner with friends in the living room.

Ruark for me, I have the R4 and it is a good few years old now but sounds just fantastic, bought it as B grade stock as it had a scratch on the side, I'm still trying to find the scratch.

No hesitation in recommending Ruark.
Where do you find this stock offers?

In theory the R410 should have better sound than R4, so I think Ill give a try :)

Reactions: Oxfordian

Oxfordian

No, I will not listen anything loud. I live in an apartment and want not to disturb neighbours. I just want to have nice quality while reading or having dinner with friends in the living room.

Where do you find this stock offers?

In theory the R410 should have better sound than R4, so I think Ill give a try :)
I have had the R4 for about 6 years, I picked it up from John Lewis who had a batch of these B grade units, the box was sealed with a sticker from Ruark stating B grade stock - scratched veneer.

We use the unit daily, mainly for radio but it has played CD's and used via bluetooth, the sound is excellent.

matthewpianist

My Dad recently purchased the Ruark R410, and he loves it. Like me, he's been through a lot of kit over the years at various budgets, and he moved to the Ruark from Marantz CD6007/PM6007 and B&W 607s2 Anniversary speakers. He finds the sound of the Ruark utterly involving and is enjoying the whole user experience. It also has the benefit of being beautifully made and very nice looking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts