roomsize vs speaker package

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would like to have your advice before buying my speaker package. Altough a good surround system is important for me, most of the time (70%) I listen to stereo (2.1). My living room is 23 x 13 feet and I'm thinking to buy a 5.1 system.

Personaly I consider following systems : B&W MT30 or B&W XT package or Monitor Audio Silver RX6AV12

or ???

Thank you for advising me.

Kind regards.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
With that size room and the fact you want to use it 2.1 as well, then you really have to consider traditional speakers. I take it the 2.1 is for music, in which case some decent floorstanders and a stereo amp would be best, as hc setups are primarily designed for watching movies.But you could get away with it by starting with a good stereo setup and add an av amp and the rest of speakers. From the two systems mentioned they are completely different in everyway, and the MA could be well adapted for stereo use.

The MT30 are a great hc package the sub/sat system will fill a small to medium room, the PV1 sub is a WHFI fav, the only problem like most sub/sats not great for music playback.So i would definetly look at the MA's and add the Yamaha Z7, a perfect marriage, huge sounds great detail and wide soundstage and pretty good for music playback. You might feel this is fine and won't require an additional stereo amp, but you need to demo a setup and let your ears decide.

A

Anonymous

Lobby, if you started with two speakers and a stereo amp and then added the av amp and the remaining hc set up how would you utilise the floorstanders with the hc set up?

Would you have to wire one of the amps through the other? Maybe a silly question but interested in the answer nonetheless.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts