Room 101

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Top Aldi Self Service Tips.

1. Use the one closest to the staff member and adapt the look of a totally clueless individual and they usually do it for you to stop a huge backlog building up.
2. Place your 'bag for life' on the bagging area before doing anything, usually a Waitrose or M&S one for posh street and neighbour cred.
3. Make sure you hear the till grunt before you scan your next purchase. No grunt no go - remember that.
4. Get you discounted items and booze in first and don't comment 'only just,' or 'aren't you going to ask?' when challenged on your age. It's not big and it's certainly not clever.
5. Look smug and appear well off if you managed to spend over a hundred quid and you card approves it.
5. Always let your wife do the swiping so if it goes all Pete Tong it's her fault.
6. Only comment on her performance from a safe distance.

If I have missed anything...
😂

Friesiansam

People getting uppity over threads wandering off topic.

The following was posted today, on the computer forum I frequent:

“Thread derailment. It's a Bit-Tech tradition
:hehe:

Just smile and wave, and the rails will come back into view shortly
:lol:

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
As we are on the subject of biscuit dunking and you love it so much AI ears😂 I am going to make you squirm.

When I worked at silentnight beds (over 25 years ago now), there was a news story about a university in the UK that had done research into the best drink, biscuit dunking combination for flavour. After months of research their conclusion was milk and ginger nuts. I was stood there looking at the radio thinking and this is where tax payers money is going.
I have to admit though I did try that combination and I like it.

Last edited:

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Best you avoid them then, as there are always loads of Bourbons (not all broken).

The odd box though, contains some good ones, including some whole, nice, chocolate and caramel ones - and quite a bit of variety.

(I don't buy them myself - a mate buys them for his Mum and gives me a box each time).
Having mentioned my dad stopped buying house of Lancaster broken biscuits because he had a couple of boxes in a row that just had one type of biscuit in. Look what I've just got from the petrol station at the end of my street. My youngest son loves them, so why not😂

Attachments

• IMG_20240417_080038599.jpg
    IMG_20240417_080038599.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 2

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
Having mentioned my dad stopped buying house of Lancaster broken biscuits because he had a couple of boxes in a row that just had one type of biscuit in. Look what I've just got from the petrol station at the end of my street. My youngest son loves them, so why not😂
OMG, my husband seduced me with them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Fed me these cookies all the time, lol. I used to LOVE them as a kid and here in The Netherlands their name was Jaffa, too, but they somehow disappeared from the shelfs but decades later my later-to-be Belgian husband had them - in Belgium they exist under another brand name.

Tailgaters. I'm sure they're on here already (probably posted by me), but I absolutely hate it. Several yesterday who looked as though they were being towed when seem from a distance. When someone does it to me, I usually end up opening a gap sharpish then slowing down to the limit again - as often as is necessary.

Reactions: Cricketbat70

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Tailgaters. I'm sure they're on here already (probably posted by me), but I absolutely hate it. Several yesterday who looked as though they were being towed when seem from a distance. When someone does it to me, I usually end up opening a gap sharpish then slowing down to the limit again - as often as is necessary.
As I say to Rach. Someone's trying to get in my boot again.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

Fred1958

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
A friend of mine, (you know who you are) finally admitted that he had bought a Taylor Swift album when I had to resort to waterboarding him to get at the truth. I spotted him coming out of HMV and although not a clear sighting at a distance my suspicions were aroused. Should have chosen the HMV carrier bag, not the clear plastic one you use for vinyl Simon. or rather Simon Swiftie as he is now known.

Reactions: DougK1 and Gray

DCarmi

You get these fads where an artist or group becomes hugely successful. Bay City Rollers, anyone? The question becomes one of longevity.

You can argue that the likes of The Beatles, Stones, Elton John, Springsteen, Sinatra, Elvis etc remain popular for years or even years after they disbanded/died.

I guess, the test for the Swifts and Sheerans of this world is, will they still be popular in 10 years time or will they just be the odd track in a playlist? Swift's fan base is huge and she is not dim, so I suspect they'll go with her as she matures.

Reactions: Gray

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
And plenty still say it 👍
Well my daughter listened to the new album and said "the first three songs are OK the rest are meh! I'm glad I didn't buy it." I said, "oh is this going to be a disaster for her?" My daughter replied, "no because die hard swifties will like it no matter how bad it is."
Here was me thinking my daughter was a die hard swifty.
There are still people out there that don't follow the hype and the crowd😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts