Room 101

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Following on from the above: Chelsea tractor drivers who refuse to give sufficient room on country lanes, basically driving in the centre of the road. If I'm going in the gutter to pass you then so are you, I've even recently played chicken with them to force them over into the gutter, they have 4 wheel drive I don't.

Why do cars get bigger and bigger with each incarnation, have we become a nation of tubbies, I certainly haven't. Saw an old Mini yesterday and it looked tiny, but adults can still fit in them.
Yep, I live in Chelsea tractor Tom land.

While on the subject of enlarged cars, the new Mini Countryman. It's bigger than my Alfa Sportwagon, shouldn't it be called a Maxi?

BMW have milked the great name to death. Sheesh!

Reactions: JDL and WayneKerr

WayneKerr

Yep, I live in Chelsea tractor Tom land.

While on the subject of enlarged cars, the new Mini Countryman. It's bigger than my Alfa Sportwagon, shouldn't it be called a Maxi?

BMW have milked the great name to death. Sheesh!
They certainly have, PP, that Countryman is one fugly car. Some cars should stay small as bigger incarnations just don't work, e.g. Mini, Fiat 500. The Mini I saw the other day was an original Countryman, fantastic cars original Mini's :) Why do we need bigger?

They certainly have, PP, that Countryman is one fugly car. Some cars should stay small as bigger incarnations just don't work, e.g. Mini, Fiat 500. The Mini I saw the other day was an original Countryman, fantastic cars original Mini's :) Why do we need bigger?
Couldn't agree more. Years ago I owned a 1977 Mini 1275GT, with the Clubman interior and front end. Lovely car.

Here's a pic of a pre BMW Mini. Very special.

Attachments

• 20220604_140343.jpg
    20220604_140343.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 10
Also from our village, an original FIAT 500

Attachments

• 20220416_143744.jpg
    20220416_143744.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220416_143725.jpg
    20220416_143725.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: WayneKerr

jjbomber

People who talk all the way through concerts!!! Just had 3 guys talk all the way through the Dan Patlansky concert at The Globe. Arrggghhhh!!!!!

Ironically Dan released an album years ago called 'Dear Silence Thieves'. It was dedicated to a South African folk singer who walked off stage as two people in the crowd wouldn't stop talking. He referred to them as the 'Silence Thieves'. Anyway, these blabbermouths should all be tortured and shot.

People who talk all the way through concerts!!! Just had 3 guys talk all the way through the Dan Patlansky concert at The Globe. Arrggghhhh!!!!!

Ironically Dan released an album years ago called 'Dear Silence Thieves'. It was dedicated to a South African folk singer who walked off stage as two people in the crowd wouldn't stop talking. He referred to them as the 'Silence Thieves'. Anyway, these blabbermouths should all be tortured and shot.
I'm a six footer but every ruddy time I go to a gig there's always at least one person who's six foot fifteen sitting right in front of me.

Reactions: Friesiansam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts