Roksan Kandy L3 / Dali 2.8

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Moving soon. My current system will be going into its own room and will be primarily for films.

I thought might get myself a CD system for the lounge (18x10). Maybe go for higher quality items but to keep it affordalbe go for 2nd hand / discontinued items.

Got a couple of months to sort this so no rush.

Do you think a Roksan Kandy L3 amp, would work well with Dali Suite 2.8 ? Just my opening thoughts

T

the record spot

They might do, but try and compare - the 2.8 was around £1100? Worth checking out given the current price at Sevenoaks if that still applies...assuming also that the two components aren't both too much of the one type of sound/character....bright, etc...? Just need to make sure the source won't make it three of the same.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
Excellent choice, there the bargain of the year and still available from Sevenoaks Brighton for £399 + £40 P/P.

I have had mine a year.

Couple of points, there large and need a big room, and a solid floor. The ports are on the front and they can be pushed back against the wall. But soundstage is huge, and the bass if you get it right is supurb. I dont have enough bass, but that is simply the size of the room there in (Aircraft Hangar comes to mind) and very limited to where there placed, firing down the room.

I am still trying to find the right amplifier, the Halo combo i have is good but the P3 Pre is imho the star of the show and at £350 boxed, mint, delivered was a bargain.

The A23 i cant get on with it,s sacked.

Arriving shortly a Lyngdorf SDA 2175 Power Amp which with the P3 should hopefully sort things out.

Regarding the Roksan, depends on room acoustics and CDP but you are possible going to end up stripping paint of the wall.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
seasiders rock:

Regarding the Roksan, depends on room acoustics and CDP but you are possible going to end up stripping paint of the wall.

Yeah prob right. Reason I asked was cos the specs looked quite full on and I thought system matching might be a bit of a fine art.

I've gone and bought a used (in excellent condition) Roksan Kandy Mk3 CDP for less than £200 so well happy with that. The obvious choice to go with itwas the L3 amp, but might I try something else ?

Don't want to take it with me to demo's, as I ntend to be purchasing bargain 2nd hand equip so won't be wasting dealers times.

Will the combo of Roksan/ Roksan / Dali make for a destructive choice. My preference is for floorstanders as my poor BR1 rears have been knocked over 3 times. Luckily never on their fronts.

TRENDING THREADS