Roksan interconnects-good enough or...

atinka1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I would like to buy new interconnects between my Roksan Caspian CD and Caspian integrated.

Has anybody tried Roksan HDC-02a interconnects and what are impressions?

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I use Linn Black ic's and very happy with them, you can find new on ebay for £25 if you are patient, tried chord, qed etc... and Linn suited me.

Good Luck

atinka1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for kind answer Shanka,

I have used Ecosse Nu DIva hitherto, but would like to try Roksan HDC for two reasons:

Because that is mentioned in user manual and because people from Roksan recommended those

when i contacted them recently. They said that their ICs are completely in synergy with Kandy and Caspian components.

I asked them how it is possible, because Kandy and Caspian range are completely different in presentation,

but they answered that it is because of their same impedance and capacitance. It is somehow strange, because

WHF described Roksan ICs as for BASS lovers with great pace and not neutral?

That is the main reason because i would like to hear somebody who tried those along with Caspians.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
atinka1 said:
would like to try Roksan HDC for two reasons:
Because that is mentioned in user manual and because people from Roksan recommended those
when i contacted them recently. They said that their ICs are completely in synergy with Kandy and Caspian components.

Yeah well they kind of will say that, won't they? You may as well contact Heinz and ask them what brand of soup you should buy. Bet you my annual salary they won't say Baxters.

A

Anonymous

I don't know which versions of the Roksans you have, but maybe £3000 new. Even Richer Sounds would recommend spending 10% on an interconnect - in this case maybe £300.

But let's not go there. Go to Audusa.com for some LAT International IC300s in the Clearance section. You should get some for £220 with Eichmann plugs. I believe the Roksans use WBT sockets which are probably as good as the Eichmanns for a brilliant connection.

I bought some IC300s a few years ago to replace some £300 Chords, and from cold they were better. As the 70 hour running period progressed the sound just got better and better. LAT claim that the IC300s are better than ICs at ANY price. Some claim, I know, but I it is believable once you've heard the results. If you buy and don't like them, let me know and I'll buy them off you (if my wife allows!). Buy with absolute confidence - your Roksans deserve these.

atinka1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Steve for advise,

I have bought M-Series 1 cd + integrated last year, brand new ex-demo for 1000£ each. Not WBT, only regular plugs unfortunatelly.

Yes, i planned anyhow to spend 10% on ICs, currently i am most interested in Ecosse Maestro MA2(160£/0.8m at audioaffair),

because Nu Divas were ok but they went to phono preamp, and speaker cables are also Ecosse MS 2.3, but

something is telling me to try those made by Roksan because i am asking myself why did they constructed it, despite the fact

that there are a piles of good cables at the market nowadays if they do not really think that they are good.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
atinka1 said:
something is telling me to try those made by Roksan because i am asking myself why did they constructed it, despite the fact
that there are a piles of good cables at the market nowadays if they do not really think that they are good.

Roksan's own cables are probably very good, but if you really can't work out why they are telling you to use their own-brand cables to get the best results, then you must have just crawled out from under a gooseberry bush.

A

Anonymous

Just buy a set of these:

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/van-den-hul-the-d102-mkiii-stereo-audio-cable-10m-p-639.html [brilliant ic's. Clean, clear, detailed sound with excellent bass] a classic VDH cable. No need to spend more as I have demoed many, many ic's in my system and these are on eof the best at any price.

Obviously you should search online for the best price and make they are original VDH cables. Good Luck

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Usman24 said:
Just buy a set of these:

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/van-den-hul-the-d102-mkiii-stereo-audio-cable-10m-p-639.html [brilliant ic's. Clean, clear, detailed sound with excellent bass] a classic VDH cable. No need to spend more as I have demoed many, many ic's in my system and these are on eof the best at any price.

Obviously you should search online for the best price and make they are original VDH cables. Good Luck

Link does not work.

atinka1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@Usman

I already have VDH D102 and CS122 in another room. D102 mkIII is good IC,but not for

these Caspians, it lacks some transparency and smoothness. I tried them in this combo last year.

atinka1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
atinka1 said:

Roksan's own cables are probably very good, but if you really can't work out why they are telling you to use their own-brand cables to get the best results, then you must have just crawled out from under a gooseberry bush.

:) Right you are, but WHF gave 5* to Roksans(it was few years ago, btw.) and described those as not neutral.

atinka1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Roksan interconnects HDC-03A new with RCA plugs from Neutric are between my Roksan Caspian CD and Caspian integrated for 2 months,

and i can say that it is most appropriate interconnect for this Roksan combo. I ordered and tried a lot of interconnects in the last 4 months and despite there were couple of more expensive with more open,more spacious,detailed, refined.....sound, every missed a bit. Those from Roksan are not perfect, i can describe it more as average but most appropriate in every segment. Good bass lines, not to much open,but detailed, warm enough, not dull. I can hardly recommend it for Roksans, but if i bought something more expensive like Leema... i would choose something else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts