RIP British Federation of Audio (BFA)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Vladimir said:
I have to visit the High End Show in Munich some day.

What's the biggest Hi-Fi show in the UK?

Bristol

Your classical hotel AV show then. Same as pretty much everywhere except Germany and China where they have gone expo size.

One can't say there is no money in Hi-Fi. Obviously the money has moved elsewhere.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
Anyone else been to the Munich show?

Yes: cheap and easy to get to, lots of hotels and the show is easily accessible by train from the city centre. All the familiar brands are there (though you may have to search a bit, as they're in the rooms of their German distributors), along with loads you'll never have heard of, with some intriguing offerings. Obv. much more about hi-fi than AV stuff, but some good record stalls, both new and used, and of course beer and sausages on-site!

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Spiny, it sounds really interesting, I especially like the sound of the beer and sausages - yum! I'll have make an effort to get there one day, defo can't go this year though. I'll have to make do with Bristol.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
spiny norman said:
Vladimir said:
I have to visit the High End Show in Munich some day.

What's the biggest Hi-Fi show in the UK?

Bristol

Your classical hotel AV show then. Same as pretty much everywhere except Germany and China where they have gone expo size.

One can't say there is no money in Hi-Fi. Obviously the money has moved elsewhere.

Tokyo International Audio Show is held in a convention center. Never been even though I used to work near there.

There's also meant to be a biannual Headphone Festival run by Fujiya Avic. Close to my home, but never bothered going

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
ID. said:
Tokyo International Audio Show is held in a convention center. Never been even though I used to work near there.

There's also meant to be a biannual Headphone Festival run by Fujiya Avic. Close to my home, but never bothered going

Looks like the last TIAS had less than 30 rooms. And telling that both shows are nearby, but you couldn't be bothered to go – clearly not much to spark the imagination.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
spiny norman said:
ID. said:

Looks like the last TIAS had less than 30 rooms. And telling that both shows are nearby, but you couldn't be bothered to go – clearly not much to spark the imagination.

i try to avoid temptation. Same reason I don't visit hi fi stores in Akihabara very often. Also, despite living in such a crowded city I'm quite crowd averse. Not much in the way of smaller retailers here, but the big electronics stores everywhere have an excellent range. I think the headphone one is pretty serious and of a good size considering it's only headphone. The general audio one is pretty small I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts