Revolver music series speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there chaps and chapett

Just wondering if anyone has any info or experience with the new Revolver music series speakers, ive been looking round the net but info is very patchy.

A

Anonymous

Hi, they are big step up over the older RW series, they sound much more open, better detail in the treble, more expressive in the midrange, all in all a better sound, add that to more modern looks, a better grill cover and the new Revolvers are outstanding, try to hear the Revolver Cygnis if you ever get the chance(Maybe you have) it is stunning.

A

Anonymous

RW16 = 399 - Music 1 = 499

RW33 = 599 - Music 3 = 649

RW45 = 1199 - Music 5 = 1299

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. The R and RW series were/are excellent speakers so these should be even better for reasonable prices. I wouldn't mind hearing the Music 5's in my system.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"]Thanks. The R and RW series were/are excellent speakers so these should be even better for reasonable prices. I wouldn't mind hearing the Music 5's in my system.[/quote]

The Music 3's would be my choice , its so hard to get a demo with revolver gear near were i live, im half thinking about just sending for them and hoping for the best lol , but that would be foolish......

Ive just been reading about the new dynaudio excite range, im thinking that these may steer me away from revolver, depending on how long it takes them to hit the shops,
The large standmount has a wopping 180mm bass drive compared to the revolver equivelents 165mm bass drive so thats in the dyns favour, also both seem like they would be easy to drive.................mmmm decisions.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Give Revolver a ring directly and ask if they have a pair shop-soiled or ex-dem. If shop-soiled it's very often just the box, the speakers will be perfect, as my R33's were.

PS. Size isn't everything and neither are the figures. The smaller bass/mid driver on the Music 3's may go lower. I've always Dyns excellent but over-priced.

A

Anonymous

The prices have gone up slightly, the performance has gone up a lot, they sound more transparent, open and detailed and throw out a massive soundstage and as I said they look nicer too boot, just give them a ring and they will tell you where you can here them, it will be worth it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts