Review your Xmas presents

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Benedict_Arnold said:
My "Southern Belle" Texan wife bought me SHOE POLISH. Yup. Shoe polish.

I don't know if she's expecting her personal Black and White Minstrel Show or if she really wants my to play at being her "house [racially explicit word beginning with n deleted]".

I'm fuming.

Is this some new vinyl enhancement product that I am unaware of?... ;-)

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

I was expecting a review. What were the black levels like? Did your wife walk in unexpectedly and comment how much smoother the polish went on? Could you really see the improvements? We need to know.
My MUM once walked in and nearly caught me polishing my.... Oh never mind, that was VERY long time ago :)

I'm going to get my own b(l)ack. Wait until we're away somewhere with black toilet seats....

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:

I don't know if she's expecting her personal Black and White Minstrel Show or if she really wants my to play at being her "house [racially explicit word beginning with n deleted]".

I'm fuming.

Even if you were joking, I find this post uncomfortable on so many levels.

How would you react if your wife stuck her high heels in one of your tweeters? *shok*

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

I'm fuming.

How would you react if your wife stuck her high heels in one of your tweeters? *shok*
You don't know my wife, and you sure as Sherlock don't know white southern belles, do you? Let's just say there's good reason I call my in-laws the Goebbels.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

I'm fuming.

Well, the speaker oil sales haven't exactly taken off, so....

Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

I'm fuming.

Well, the speaker oil sales haven't exactly taken off, so....

Worth a try, you never know. ;-)

Benedict_Arnold said:
jonathanRD said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

I'm fuming.

You don't know my wife, and you sure as Sherlock don't know white southern belles, do you? Let's just say there's good reason I call my in-laws the Goebbels.

Must be too early, for one minute there I read gerbils......

Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:

Gerbils are cute, furry and entertaining.

My in-laws, on the other hand.... I think they got thrown out of the KKK for being too right wing!

;-)

I take it you are working under a pseudonym for your health.....

PS: North Sea weater is cr*p and I am, for my sins, offshore for the Hogmanay... which I dearly hope you survive. ;-)

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:

Gerbils are cute, furry and entertaining.

My in-laws, on the other hand.... I think they got thrown out of the KKK for being too right wing!

;-)

I take it you are working under a pseudonym for your health.....

PS: North Sea weater is cr*p and I am, for my sins, offshore for the Hogmanay... which I dearly hope you survive.  ;-)

Your liver will thank you....

And by all accounts lucky to still have a job. I've been out of work 11 months :-(

I've been teetotal for several years now. Thirteen years of living in Aberfreeze and a case of hepititis A and my drinking days are over.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds more or less the same as my CD ripped version except with the extra hassle and expense of being vinyl (but that's cool right?)

Great album. 10/10. :)

Still waiting for the RHCP Claifornication LP to be delivered though. :(

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Ups lost mine week before xmas and havent found it last time i looked.

They used the excuse the label must have come off but i know the company shrink wraps them to the outer packaging of the box.

I think more like someone there recognised the label and pinched it.
If your reading this can you please review it and let me know if its any good the suspense has been killer

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Ups lost mine week before xmas and havent found it last time i looked.

They used the excuse the label must have come off but i know the company shrink wraps them to the outer packaging of the box.

I think more like someone there recognised the label and pinched it. If your reading this can you please review it and let me know if its any good the suspense has been killer

I feel for you mate *sad*

Hope it turns up soon .

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure I am qualified to review these because I don't use headphones a lot. I had thought about paying a few hundred for a pair but stopped myself. I have used these with a Fiio E18 (kunlan). The Fiio itself is a little disappointing because on test it worked with my Motorola E gen 2, but I upgraded to the G4 and they don't really play ball. I also tried on my brothers Sony something or other that also has OTG but the same. Not sure if this Fiio likes android 6.

Anyway, used it on my laptop and it works great. Listening to flac rips off musicbee player with the AKGs and headphone dac and the sound to me sounds clear crisp and natural. There is enough but not to much bass and the balance seems great. They are relatively comfortable. All in all I think they are a very good value sub 40 pounds set of headphones and would doubt you could get much better for that type of money.

They do leak a little more than I expected. It doesn't seem to be an issue, my wife hasn't mentioned it while watching tv. All in all recommended if you are looking for similar in the price range

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts